Best Ship

lisaanne0220

Very subjective... Some here prefer the large megaships for the glitz and action, some like the smaller for the intimacy while others like the mid-sized.. Myself I prefer the Coral/Island shiips.. They are the longest of all Princess ships and hold around 1100 less passengers..

My favorite was the late,great Royal Princess, now sailing as P&O's Artemis.

In the current fleet, I suppose Coral Princess, as she also has a liner-like hull (good length/beam ratio).

I for one am not wild about the Grand class - which I think too big.

Sun Princess and her sisters have very nice mini-suites, but the balcony is a bit small.

Pacific Princess (new) and her sister, Tahitian Princess, are very nice, small ships.

And we also like Regal Princess - we are taking our 3rd trip on her next month, this time 'round the Horn.

All are correct – it depends on what you’re looking for. I like traditional and small so I’m a big fan of Regal Princess with the Sun Class close on her stern. There's something to be said about not having to deal with more than 2000 people on vacation and having some personal attention from the staff and crew.

Given recent events, however, I have to give a nod to Grand Princess – she can turn on a dime.

Given recent events, however, I have to give a nod to Grand Princess – she can turn on a dime.

LOL..:D

My favourite ship overall is the Coral. I loved the layout, the covered pool, the many options for entertainment and dining and finally the size. The ship is just right and has only 1970 pax. The crew are able to provide a very personal level of service.

Another vote for the Coral for the very same reasons that were stated above. I have been on most of the different size ships, except the Caribbean Princess. The smallest was the new Pacific Princess which in my opinion was a little too small. Have been on the Sun(now that is a good size) on the old Crown and the Sky. Now those were good size ships and then finally the Sapphire. Now even though that is considered grand class I frankly liked her. Not for all cruises but once in awhile. The Coral is just the right size. (1950 passengers.)

Marilyn

I have to log in with Druke, I also loved the Royal - esp that wrap around promenade deck. The Regal was also about the right size for us - could tell it was getting older, though. We loved all the amenities on the Island - and never felt that we were crowded! Decided it was probably the perfect size.

We're going on the Star next - wondered if the Grand class would be too big (we have this aversion to lines!) Druke - be sure and let us know about "around the horn" - as that is our next interest!

Of the ships I have sailed, the Coral/Island class is the best - they are not too crowded, not too many people and not too large - they are just right, excellent layout.

I would put the Sun class next (Sun, Dawn, Sea Princess) and the Grand class last.

I know I would love the Pacific/Tahitian and the Regal but I haven't had an opportunity to sail those ships yet.

Best? Well, that's up to you, and probably has a lot to do with whatever ship you are on at the moment.

My personal favorite is Coral. Practically perfect in every way. I've been on Island Princess, too, and had a wonderful trip, but still have to give the nod to Coral.

I love the Caribbean Princess because it is like a smaller ship in that you can actually find yourself all alone in areas of the ship often, it's almost like the part of the ship you happen to be in is totally private, there is always a quiet little spot to sit and read or reflect....then when you want loads of people that is available, and all the things that a large cruise ship has CB also offers. I find it very interesting the way the ship was designed...actually it's genius!

We really enjoyed the Ocean Princess, now sailing under the P&O(?) flag. Next would be Sapphire, then Golden. All were great ships for us. Ocean (Sun Class) seemed to be just right in every category. We will be on Coral in March, and it's good to see so many past cruisers rated her so highly.

Good answer - chasetf!

Our favorite is the Tahitian. We love the smaller ships and this one had lots of dark woods, heavy fabrics, really nicely done. Follow that with the no longer sailing as Sky Princess. But hey, anything that doesn't sink (or list) while I'm on it is fine with me.:D

Charlie

I like different ships for different reasons. I like the glitz on some and the intimacy on others. I've never been on a ship I didn't like. Although I have not been on any of the 3,000 passenger ships yet.

I will miss the original tiny ships. We were on the original Pacific and Island Princesses (600 passengers, I think) several times and although they did not have the amenities that the larger ships have, by the end of the week you knew everyone on board. The service was outstanding. Because of the smaller size, the attention they gave us was very individualized. They couldn't do enough for us, especially for my wheelchair bound father in law and my son who was in a stroller at the time (we were a family on wheels!) I was fortunate enough to be on one of the farewell trips on that ship (and I made it on TV for the today show feature on it!) It's sad that a "small" ship these days is 2,000 people!

Susan

Archived