Room Service Coffee question?

In your cabin there will be room service order blanks, fill it out with what you want, specify the time you want in the area provided (usually half hour increments I think, maybe 15 minutes...hell, I can't remember:D) and hang on your door knob (the one in the hall:)). The next morning you will get a phone call telling you your order is on the way, about 15 minutes before delivery.

PS If you want a carafe of coffee you must specify it otherwise if you just order coffee for two you will get 2 cups of coffee.

We always order coffee the night before. There will be enough coffee for 2 or 3 cups each. My husband loves his coffee VERY hot, so when they call to say it's on the way, I get thehot water running, and when it arrives, I temper his cup. I save $2.00 bills, and use them as a tip in the morning. They love em.:)

There is no room service the day of debarkation and I always get upset about not having the coffee delivered the last day. I mentioned this to the concierge on the last night and he said to order a pot of coffee last thing before retiring and the carafe would keep it hot until early am. Room service stops at 3 am the last night. We ordered the coffee, put the milk on ice, and it was very hot in the morning. Ask for a large carafe -- it will stay warmer. I never thought of doing this before and it was a very good idea. I am always much happier when I have my coffee first thing!

--Judy

There is no room service the day of debarkation and I always get upset about not having the coffee delivered the last day. I mentioned this to the concierge on the last night and he said to order a pot of coffee last thing before retiring and the carafe would keep it hot until early am. Room service stops at 3 am the last night. We ordered the coffee, put the milk on ice, and it was very hot in the morning. Ask for a large carafe -- it will stay warmer. I never thought of doing this before and it was a very good idea. I am always much happier when I have my coffee first thing!

--Judy

That is what i did also.. last thing before I went to bed. Ordered room service late at night and had coffee in my room the moring of debarkment. No one wants to be around me without my morning coffee!

OK, I have to add a comment. If you are going to have a carafe of coffee sit around for a few hours, you must do the decent thing and put some Baileys in it, at the very least. Canadians (and those lucky Americans) know that Tim Hortons' does not serve any coffee that has been sitting longer than 20 minutes :D.

On our last Explorer cruise the room service coffee was undrinkable. I love "strong" coffee. This wasn't strong. It tasted like it had been brewed strong 4 days before and left on the burner.

We did note it and tell the room service folks, but it didn't improve and eventually we just gave up and had our coffee in the dining room, the Windjammer, or the Royal Promenade, where it was fine.

This was the first (and hopefully last) time we have had room service coffee that was WAY worse than the coffee on the rest of the ship.

By the way, they do phone a minute before they arrive with the coffee, so hubby has time to put on a robe and draw the curtains around the sleeping area.

:-)

Thanks, Linda and Judi--that's what I was hoping to hear, I have a carafe at home and I know it keeps it hot overnight so I was hoping the ones on board would also. Thanks a bunch.

I'm a big coffee drinker and that sounds like warm stale coffee. Cuisnart makes a coffee maker on a timer that grinds the beans fresh then makes the coffee. For about $100-$125 (I saw them yesterday at Kohl's), you can have a great coffee maker. It grinds the beans and the coffee will be made FRESH when you wake up.

I love starting my morning with a pot of frrsh ground and brewed coffee, the NY Times and a couple of Marlboro's. I just suffer on a cruise with weak coffee, no newspaper and no cigarettes. (It's just plain rude to smoke in such a confined space as a cruise ship. Even on my balconey, the smoke wafts down to the next few cabins where non smokers' have their morning ruined by the smell of smoke.)

We've always asked for coffee makers in our hotel rooms so we can brew a pot as soon as we wake up. Last year in Vegas, the Nugget didn't offer them so we had to order our morning coffee through room service. Turns out, we prefer it that way. Not only does it ensure that we wake up at the reasonable hour we ordered the coffee to arrive, but nobody has to get out of bed, make the coffee, then wait for it to brew to enjoy that first cup. The fact that my hubby always has to answer the door for room service while I stay in bed is just an added plus!

One piece of advice is to have your room service tip out on the counter and ready so you don't have to scrounge for dollars when they arrive.

Thanks, everybody. I tried ordering the night before one night and it was warm enough to drink the next morning, but just barely. Then I ordered room service a couple of times and it did arrive very quickly. I do think next time, though, I will take my own carafe which does keep coffee hot overnight.

I appreciate all your suggestions and comments.

Archived