Optum Rapid Test?

PVMEX2021

5 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

They sell it for eMed in smaller quantities (2 and 3 vs 6 from eMed).

That is correct - it's the exact same thing.  I just bought the 3-pack from Optum and it says it includes eMed Telehealth Services.  Also, when you go through the questionnaire to purchase, it asks if you are using it in order to embark on a cruise (and confirms it's accepted for travel).

With eMed sold out and no expected due date and John Heald stating it is accepted by Carnival, people are flocking to buy them. My area has not had a testing shortage (yet), but with many business, State, County and Local governments requiring weekly tests for unvaxxed, tests are going to get limited quickly. Turnaround time for results has been creeping past more than a day now. I don't want to be flying in without the results, but some may have no choice. Then if they test positive, they can't cruise nor fly home. Thus, with all of the hoops and obstacles to go through, I opted just to pay for it, submit to insurance for reimbursement, and not to have to think about it.

3 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

with many business, State, County and Local governments requiring weekly tests for unvaxxed, tests are going to get limited quickly.

Our local news started talking yesterday about how it's getting more and more difficult to get test appointments, so even though we don't cruise until the end of October, I decided to buy them online.  I wish I'd gotten the 6 pack, but at this point, I'll pay a bit more per test just to know we will have them when we need them.

1 minute ago, csm5986142 said:

Our local news started talking yesterday about how it's getting more and more difficult to get test appointments, so even though we don't cruise until the end of October, I decided to buy them online.  I wish I'd gotten the 6 pack, but at this point, I'll pay a bit more per test just to know we will have them when we need them.

The only thing with the 6-pack is that it is only for 3 people, not 4, 5, or 6. The only 3 people that can take the test are the 3 that were registered when purchasing. The match the names, birthday, etc. for the teletest. We are only 3, so it worked for us. It doesn't for families of 4.

25 minutes ago, sundown6 said:

So I ordered the two pack from optum. I just used my name when ordering. Will my wife be about to use the second kit or does she have to order one under her name?

I did the same thing.  I just sent them an email for clarification.  I ordered two 2 packs.

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

They sell it for eMed in smaller quantities (2 and 3 vs 6 from eMed). Once people saw from Carnival that they accept it, I think people started ordering like crazy. I ordered mine on Tuesday and received it today. It is safe and sound until we need it in 70-days.

May I ask what the expiration date is on your boxes?

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

The only thing with the 6-pack is that it is only for 3 people, not 4, 5, or 6. The only 3 people that can take the test are the 3 that were registered when purchasing. The match the names, birthday, etc. for the teletest. We are only 3, so it worked for us. It doesn't for families of 4.

I've read that people have called and been told this isn't correct.  They were told it could be used for anyone even if their name wasn't included with the order.  I cannot confirm this but multiple people have reportedly been told this.

• Like 1

I emailed Optum about their expiration dates and this was the message I received:

At the moment the current expiration dates we have for these tests are for October. So with the extended shelf life, the expiration for these would be January of 2022. 

I'm planning to wait until beginning of November and hope they might have later expiration dates.

Edited by Ellusionz