Holland America Koningsdam Deck 7 Mid ship Inside Cabin 7057

LeDemonBlond

I am not new to cruising and typically would choose an inside cabin that has cabins above and below it. 

Sailing on the Koningsdam inside and have chosen a cabin that has nothing below or above.   I did call Holland America and did speak with someone who was able to bring up schematics of the ship. They indicated that it looked like linen closets and other type closets were in that area and would not think it would be an issue at night or early morning. Its not a bar or restaurant.

Has anyone had experience with this cabin and what are your thoughts. Other cabins near it are 7057,7062, 7059

16 hours ago, LeDemonBlond said:

I am not new to cruising and typically would choose an inside cabin that has cabins above and below it. 

Sailing on the Koningsdam inside and have chosen a cabin that has nothing below or above.   I did call Holland America and did speak with someone who was able to bring up schematics of the ship. They indicated that it looked like linen closets and other type closets were in that area and would not think it would be an issue at night or early morning. Its not a bar or restaurant.

Has anyone had experience with this cabin and what are your thoughts. Other cabins near it are 7057,7062, 7059

Haven’t been in that cabin but when your rep said that it looked like linen closets ……The stewards have rooms they work out of - with ice, linens, etc and carts.  Most likely there are a couple of those in the white / empty space.  If there are some below you, they will have no effect but if there are some above you may hear a bit of noise but nothing too serious, I don’t think.

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

That area above 7057 on Deck 8 Navigation may be mechanical spaces. Going one deck higher to Deck 9 Lido, that same area is the Spa pool which may have the pumps, piping, etc. below it on Deck 8.

Good point. I am going to reach out with Holland America again  on Monday and ask about the 8th floor space and the spa whirlpool. I will say that since I asked my question, I did find someones comment on cabin 7064 which would be a couple of cabins down from 7057. They stated that it was a quiet floor at all times. Some encouragement.

5 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Waiting to see results also.  Would like to see more room reviews posted on Halfacts.  I will be sure to post mine after my first HA cruise next summer.

Here on cruise critic, you can see  the cabin reviews based on thedeck. Anyway, I read all the Inside Class J reviews for deck 7 and none indicated noise as being a concern. The size of the room seemed to be the only negative. I thought at one point cruise critic listed the cabin numbers in the review but I have not been able to find anymore.

I did call HAL back. They directed me to ship services who I did call talk with the 1st time. This time I was more specific about the whirlpool location and the empty space below that which is above the room we would be at. Yes, part of that empty space is a room dedicated for the whirlpool.  She called it a pulley room.  Hmmm, red flag.  It may not be active at "sleepy time" but it could come on very early in the morning.  I will be rethinking my choice based on this.  

Ship services is 1-800-541-1576 if you need to ask info like this.