Teppanyaki Social Distancing?

sfxthx

27 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Very good point about it's all about who you're seated with. I'm pretty social & will interject in a conversation when I'm around people, but now with covid it may not be appreciated!

Anyone reluctant to speak with someone who is fully vaxxed and has one, if not two, negative tests in hand because they're afraid of COVID probably shouldn't be traveling.  

But let's face it:  Even before COVID, some people/groups are more engaging than others.  It happens at Teppanyaki, at bars, on excursions, at a blackjack table, etc.  Best you can do is put yourself out there and hope for the best.

Edited by phillygwm

On 9/12/2021 at 1:05 AM, sfxthx said:

We are cruising Norwegian Epic in three days out of Rome. We did Teppanyaki on other cruises and it was always full. I am wondering how they do it in these times. We are a party of four (two different staterooms). Will we have one teppanyaki table for ourselves, or do we have to share it with others? Can someone help, who is currently onboard on one of the active ships?

When we were on the Encore, there are no social distancing rules. Anywhere. It is a “normal” cruise onboard. 

I compare that to Royal where tables and seats are blocked off everywhere. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

When we were on the Encore, there are no social distancing rules. Anywhere. It is a “normal” cruise onboard. 

I compare that to Royal where tables and seats are blocked off everywhere. 

Just spent 7 days on Celebrity Edge Caribbean cruise and once boarded the ship never wore a mask. Not required to.

Crew did wear masks at all times.

No social distancing in any venue,  either. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 1:07 AM, aubreyc1988 said:

I can't speak for Epic, but since it is reduced capacity, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You might even be able to request a table, but not sure. It was shared experience on Encore last week. 

Reduced capacity has zero effect on the cruise. Most of the specialty restaurants are still booked to capacity with every table and seat taken. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Reduced capacity has zero effect on the cruise. Most of the specialty restaurants are still booked to capacity with every table and seat taken. 

That was not my experience on Encore 9/4, I feel like every cruise will be different so it COULD be a possibility or maybe not.