MSC COVID Testing for Caribbean clarified (Home Tests)

kelleherdl

The MSC website now has very clear guidance on the acceptability of home test kits for COVID testing pre-boarding.  The fully monitored Abbott’s BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag At-Home test is acceptable.  You need to use the Abbott Navica app and buy your kits from eMed.  Download the Navica app and it directs you to the eMed site to purchase the kits. I thought very affordable at $150 for 6 test kits ($25/test).

MSC Health & Safety measures | MSC Cruises (msccruisesusa.com)

Edited by kelleherdl

37 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

The MSC website now has very clear guidance on the acceptability of home test kits for COVID testing pre-boarding.  The fully monitored Abbott’s BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag At-Home test is acceptable.  You need to use the Abbott Navica app and buy your kits from eMed.  Download the Navica app and it directs you to the eMed site to purchase the kits. I thought very affordable at $150 for 6 test kits ($25/test).

How did you go from "An example of one test that meets these parameters is" to "You need to ... buy your kits from eMed"?

You can buy the eMed kits at optum.com in quantities of 2 or 3. In fact, many cruise lines and airlines have gotten optum to create logo'ed pages for them, but it's the same test kit and prices. For the kits sold from optum, testing by eMed is included.

Per MSC's requirements, any monitored test that has EUA and produces the required documentation is acceptable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

Well you’re half right lol

Even though I did purchase my tests from emed you don’t “have” to. 

3 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

This has been discussed since the update posted Sept 3.

See threads - Binax NOW Home test or

Updated Antigen tests now accepted. , there are several threads with information . Like how to order and how to perform tests correctly.

• Like 2

If your cruise starts in one of the Islands. Like Barbados. Pay attention to the local criteria. For instance Barbados have updated their conditions on Sept 10. They do another PCR test as you land, but ALL vaccinated passengers have to quarantine for 2 days in an authorised Hotel until the results say they can leave. So you need to be in Barbados 2 days before and not one. 

barbados2.JPG

barbados.JPG