Dining Reservations now open for October

ky13h

3 hours ago, ky13h said:

Check the app, friends! We were just able to make dining reservations for our 10/10 sailing.

Can I ask how to actually book them? I can get to the point where you can select a date and time, but when I click on the restaurant, it doesn't give the option to do anything further...

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Can I ask how to actually book them? I can get to the point where you can select a date and time, but when I click on the restaurant, it doesn't give the option to do anything further...

It is likely saying No booking required for you, like it is for me.

That means it is not set up yet..?? Thank goodness the people that do the app tech don't work on the ship tech..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:52 PM, garymfreedman said:

Im a Rockstar on 10/24 sailing and still can't-But if the 10/10 sailing is open for dining, then 10/24 can't be far behind(although VERY far behind from when VV said we could book).

We are 10/24 also and can't book anything.

I just spent an hour on hold with Virgin Voyages to try and make dining reservations for my cruise which is now 19 days away... They said that only rockstar suites were able to make reservations as of yet, even though the website says 45 days prior for "regular accomodations"... It's going to be very frustrating if I've waited all this time to cruise with them and not be able to get into the venues that I've been waiting so long for...

I am on the 10/10 and the app says open for reservations and I can see what is open but there is no way to book anything. This is a pretty bad start for a cruise that I have had re-scheduled since March 2020. They had over a year to get their stuff together. Honestly, I have received no communication about this cruise from Virgin at all.  I am going on a different cruise line in November and have received a lot of emails from them already and nothing from Virgin.

1 hour ago, tikcho said:

I am on the 10/10 and the app says open for reservations and I can see what is open but there is no way to book anything. This is a pretty bad start for a cruise that I have had re-scheduled since March 2020. They had over a year to get their stuff together. Honestly, I have received no communication about this cruise from Virgin at all.  I am going on a different cruise line in November and have received a lot of emails from them already and nothing from Virgin.

Lack of communication to sailors has been one of my complaints about VV since the beginning-They are HORRIBLE at it.. They don't like bad news, so they don't share it, and they twist it around so it is not bad news.. Their app, as I have been saying since 2020, is a piece of garbage.

12 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Lack of communication to sailors has been one of my complaints about VV since the beginning-They are HORRIBLE at it.. They don't like bad news, so they don't share it, and they twist it around so it is not bad news.. Their app, as I have been saying since 2020, is a piece of garbage.

Exactly! I have less than 20 days till the cruise and I have received no onotice about the check-in process at the terminal, no notice about onboard restrictions/masks/etc, no option to book restaurants. I mean nothing! I am a travel agent and going on this cruise mostly to see what VV is all about because I have clients interested. But if they do not get their stuff together quickly, I will not be selling them. I know they are still new at cruising but they had plenty of time to figure it out.

• Like 1

I agree 100% with the above statement. They've had an entire extra year and a half to figure this out, and they're still dropping the ball. The cruise industry is built on repeat customers, so you'd think that they would give a better effort to try and satisfy their very first American passengers... 

3 hours ago, LibrarianMonroe said:

So once you can make reservations, what indicates that on the app?  Does a new button appear?

My fantastic travel agent just spoke with VV. As usual, they have been feeding us a bunch of garbage. For My October 24th voyage, the app will open up for dininig reservations one of the following: Oct 6, 10, 15-Depending on cabin I guess.  Why Can't VV tell us that in advance. As usual, they drop the ball.

• Like 2

When I woke up this morning, I decided to give booking restaurants another try. Now, I do have the option to book, and I successfully booked The Wake for night number one. BUT, when I choose another day, and then click on another restaurant, it will revert back to the first day. SO, at least I have one booking, but I want to go ahead and get every night covered. I guess that I'm going to place a call to them later when I have an hour to waste... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kaykels said:

What am I missing ? I am on 10/10 sailing and I see the restaurant info but nothing on how to reserve. When I go into my calendar I don’t see how to add anything. 

When I opened up the app this morning, I was surprised to see this... Only problem is, that if I try to pick any other day than the first day, it will revert back to the first day no matter what I try. I put in a call to customer service over an hour ago, but still no call back. Dealing with Virgin Voyages has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life...

Screenshot_20210921-115358.png