Dining Reservations now open for October

ky13h

After waiting an hour and a half for a call back, they returned my call. I explained the issue, and she told me that reservations haven't opened up yet except for rockstar suites. Of course, I know this isn't true, because I was able to make ONE reservation. She could see my reservation on her end, but still insisted that they weren't open yet. She said that I would receive an email when they do open. I just can't believe how inept this company is...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

After waiting an hour and a half for a call back, they returned my call. I explained the issue, and she told me that reservations haven't opened up yet except for rockstar suites. Of course, I know this isn't true, because I was able to make ONE reservation. She could see my reservation on her end, but still insisted that they weren't open yet. She said that I would receive an email when they do open. I just can't believe how inept this company is...

Thanks for the update! We haven't received a single email from them since booking this cruise months ago.  I have high doubts we ever will. I guess it's good we aren't on the first voyage so we can learn from those who are 🙂

• Like 1

Update: I just now tried again, and I was able to get reservations for all of the remaining nights... Still no email from Virgin Voyages, as promised... I'm just glad that I was able to secure the venues that I wanted, even if my preferred times weren't available...

Screenshot_20210921-150143.thumb.png.ae30d5ea82630d33f576e2f2ddd4dfc7.png

Screenshot_20210921-150029.thumb.png.8bc40f14c247b545609b15cc33a54806.png

Screenshot_20210921-131336.png

14 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Update: I just now tried again, and I was able to get reservations for all of the remaining nights... Still no email from Virgin Voyages, as promised... I'm just glad that I was able to secure the venues that I wanted, even if my preferred times weren't available...

Screenshot_20210921-150143.thumb.png.ae30d5ea82630d33f576e2f2ddd4dfc7.png

Screenshot_20210921-150029.thumb.png.8bc40f14c247b545609b15cc33a54806.png

Screenshot_20210921-131336.png

When you get on board, visit the restaurants you want the times changed for - they have a lot more availability.

Don

• Like 1

So it looks like they are opening the bookings at 15 days before the cruise?

Those who were able to book - you guys are on 10/6 correct?

I was also told a few days ago that I will get an email when booking opens but have gotten nothing. Also nothing about the check-in process. I heard from a friend who is on the 9/27 preview in Miami that finally today they asked people to upload their vaccine cards and to choose a check-in slot. 5 days before! A bit crazy to me...when they said they will not be like any other cruise line, I thought they would try to be better.

2 hours ago, tikcho said:

So it looks like they are opening the bookings at 15 days before the cruise?

Those who were able to book - you guys are on 10/6 correct?

I was also told a few days ago that I will get an email when booking opens but have gotten nothing. Also nothing about the check-in process. I heard from a friend who is on the 9/27 preview in Miami that finally today they asked people to upload their vaccine cards and to choose a check-in slot. 5 days before! A bit crazy to me...when they said they will not be like any other cruise line, I thought they would try to be better.

They also told me that I would receive an email when bookings opened up, however I still have not received anything, and I was able to book restaurants yesterday for the October 6th sailing... Their communication overall I would rate as abysmal to non-existent...

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

They also told me that I would receive an email when bookings opened up, however I still have not received anything, and I was able to book restaurants yesterday for the October 6th sailing... Their communication overall I would rate as abysmal to non-existent...

VV communication is worst ever!!!! And when they communicate with sailors, you can't trust what they are saying.. 0/0 for Customer Service

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, tikcho said:

Exactly! I have less than 20 days till the cruise and I have received no onotice about the check-in process at the terminal, no notice about onboard restrictions/masks/etc, no option to book restaurants. I mean nothing! I am a travel agent and going on this cruise mostly to see what VV is all about because I have clients interested. But if they do not get their stuff together quickly, I will not be selling them. I know they are still new at cruising but they had plenty of time to figure it out.

I'm also a TA and literally just said to my husband that I hope their onboard experience isn't as frustrating as trying to use their app is. If this is how they roll, I don't care how good of a time we have on the cruise - if everything is based around an app that sucks, I won't recommend them to my clients. Cruises are supposed to be fun, not frustrating. We sail 10/24 and every single restaurant I try to reserve across a variety of times tells me it's sold out. 

11 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I'm also a TA and literally just said to my husband that I hope their onboard experience isn't as frustrating as trying to use their app is. If this is how they roll, I don't care how good of a time we have on the cruise - if everything is based around an app that sucks, I won't recommend them to my clients. Cruises are supposed to be fun, not frustrating. We sail 10/24 and every single restaurant I try to reserve across a variety of times tells me it's sold out. 

Looks like it is opening up around 15 days before sailing.  Keep trying back. I was just able to book for a few cruises before yours.  Sold out doesn’t mean sold out.  It just means it isn’t available yet.

• Like 1