Medallion APP is the worst

cindymarye

7 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

I agree, Princess should remove all the technology from it's ships.  Return cruising back to what it originally was, with hundreds of men paddling with oars and hardtack for food.  If you pay for Princess Plus you can get one orange per day as specialty dining to keep the scurvy away.  

Hmmmm...I dunno. I never even liked the *name* scurvy...

I find it hard to believe that PCL cannot design an ap that does not require the latest version of an android.  This is particularly true when RCL has an ap that does work on older androids and is more robust than PCL's version.  So now I had to shell out more to get an S23 with 512 gb to run this "wonderful" ap.  Incidentally it does work on this version after shelling out $$$. 

When I spoke with the onboard internet "expert", we both spoke English as a primary language and I clearly understood when he told me it does not work on some androids.  What he did not say was that it only works on the newest androids but he did tell me I should get an iphone (over my dead body!).  Reminds me of my dearly departed BIL who as a teenager was hired by Sears to work in their garden area as an "expert" on the products.

9 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I find it hard to believe that PCL cannot design an ap that does not require the latest version of an android.  This is particularly true when RCL has an ap that does work on older androids and is more robust than PCL's version.  So now I had to shell out more to get an S23 with 512 gb to run this "wonderful" ap.  Incidentally it does work on this version after shelling out $$$. 

What Android phone models do not run the Princess Medallion?

Have you looked at the functionality of RCIs WOW Band? Very limited and you still use a Cruise Card.

The WOW Band cost $9.95.

There is a big discussion on RCI CC about the WOW Band. 

The Princess Medallion far exceeds the WOW Band in functionality, price, etc. 

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 2:39 AM, LACruiser88 said:

It is working great on my Samsung Galaxy S21 currently on the Enchanted Princess!

Worked on Enchanted in Med on S20 Ulta & Note 10 Lite.

The people who work on Princess Ships in IT are not well versed in IT. Many times they don't give correct info to guests. 

• Like 1

In answer to a question above, the "new" ap requires androids on Google 12 or 13 and evidently is a memory hog.  As I have said before the internet "experts" reminds me of my dearly departed BIL who as a teenager worked in the Sears garden shop as an "expert".  Now on another thread we find out a "new" ap is about to be released with even more problems.  If the current ap has serious bugs then in PCL view they release a new ap with likely more bugs.  

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

In answer to a question above, the "new" ap requires androids on Google 12 or 13 and evidently is a memory hog.  As I have said before the internet "experts" reminds me of my dearly departed BIL who as a teenager worked in the Sears garden shop as an "expert".  Now on another thread we find out a "new" ap is about to be released with even more problems.  If the current ap has serious bugs then in PCL view they release a new ap with likely more bugs.  

We can hope that the new app was written by a different third party than the last one.  A more competent one.

On 11/24/2023 at 7:14 PM, Hlitner said:

On far more than 100 cruises we have never had an issue with a 15 drink limit :).  At my age, 15 drinks (even water) would likely put me in my grave.  

It's a tough challenge but doable. Even when we sail with the package we manage to get very close to the max. with some occasional help of friends. 

That is, to carry me back to the cabin of course. 😄

Edited by MissP22
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, satxdiver said:

In answer to a question above, the "new" ap requires androids on Google 12 or 13 and evidently is a memory hog....

Please forgive my curiosity regarding this...it sounds as if you have actually *seen* the new app, or have some type of inside info. Specs? Care to share the source of your info?