Grand Princess

TMW67

What decks lead out to forward viewing areas? On the pdf deck plans there are hallways that look like there could be on certain decks, but I see no doors leading out like it shows further down in hallways. Reason being, I am planning on booking an Alaska cruise (inside room, no option for a balcony), and want to be able to be closest to the outside as possible & see what's coming. The pdf's are deceiving!🤪

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TMW67

The only "public" viewing area on the Grand Princess is the bow on deck 8 that you access from the Promenade Deck 7 (go up a flight of stairs).  They may open the forward portion above the Lido Deck.  There are no "secret" doors like the Coral Princess.  

I like Plaza (318 +) cabins since they are near everything.  A couple of flights up and you will be on the Promenade Deck.

On the port side of the ship on Emerald deck, you can get out onto the top part of promenade by going through a door that you probably aren't supposed to go through but we always do. Just go forward until you run out of hall and go through the door. Puts you in a short hallway heading left. Go down that and out the door to the promenade deck. We've done this on starboard too, but it seems to me that they've shut that down. We were on the Grand in January of 2020 and went in and out the port side a lot, since we had cabin E120.

Deck 14 (Lido) fwd. Either port or starboard passageways will lead you to the doors that lead to the roof of the bridge. We were able to be up there for quite awhile as we sailed from San Francisco under the Golden Gate Bridge and out to open sea. That was 2019.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Deck 14 (Lido) fwd. Either port or starboard passageways will lead you to the doors that lead to the roof of the bridge. We were able to be up there for quite awhile as we sailed from San Francisco under the Golden Gate Bridge and out to open sea. That was 2019.

Deck Plans : Princess Cruises

I sailed under the Lion's Gate Bridge on the corresponding deck on Star Princess. Very windy but great views.

12 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

This area is great but is subject to closure by the bridge especially when navigating into / out of harbor.  The sound of hundreds stomping around above could undoubtedly be distracting.  Still I've had good luck watching the sail in to Honolulu and Kauai from this location.  The sail into Kauai is not to be missed, a very complicated entrance with lots of turns and tight navigation.