Notifications

1 hour ago, shadbrew said:

How and when will I get notified if someone posts a question to me and/or responds to my post to them?

Howdy @shadbrew  emo22.gif

As soon as another member posts on a thread or forum where you have activated the Follow feature. Or have tagged you like this: @shadbrew Or someone reacts to one of your posts with a Like, Thanks, or Ha Ha. Or someone quotes one of your posts. For more info, see How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings. Also, Tag another member.

It depends on what setting you choose for your member account. Email or Notification bell. I use the Notification bell only, no email. If you choose email, it will go to your Cruise Critic email address of record. Also, I do not have a smartphone so I cannot help you there. Only have a laptop.

If you choose the Notification bell, a number will appear next to the bell near your user name on the upper right of the screen. 

image.png.a8602dc0efed4619f60d6a7667ec8c51.png

You click the bell and a new screen will appear with info for you about your notifications, Here is an example of some of mine:

image.thumb.png.7551ac482facb812e811d76c501daeff.png
image.thumb.png.45200bded8749c0d19302fd2ba99de37.png

You click the notification and it takes you to the post involved.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 1:05 PM, SUESEABE said:

Host Kat,

I finally figured out how to set up notifications. Thanks. My question is how do I delete the notifications  after I respond to them?

Suzie

@SUESEABE

Howdy Suzie and thanks!  emo22.gif 

The software does not let you delete them.

Note when new they are in bold type. After you click on one to go to the notified thread or forum, it is no longer in bold type the next time you look at the list. Later on if anyone posts on one of your previously notified threads or forums, there will be a new Notification or the original Notification will again be in bold type.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

So I know to use the notification icon on the top of the screen.  But what about the notification bar that goes across the bottom of the screen.  Should I be able to click on that?  It flashes by and I can't seem to click on anything.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

So I know to use the notification icon on the top of the screen.  But what about the notification bar that goes across the bottom of the screen.  Should I be able to click on that?  It flashes by and I can't seem to click on anything.

This one?

image.thumb.png.03249385f49c01b7ac81134127d12184.png

Yes, it does not stay visible very long. 😡

When you click the bar, it takes you to your Notifications list. If you click just the X in the white circle the bar disappears. And If you do not click the bar because you are busy doing something else on the boards and it has time to disappear, just click the  image.png.752796852dab236b5884b2ab72f128f9.png icon when done with the something else to see the new notification on your Notifications list.

44 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Yes that one.  But I swear, when I click on the bar it does nothing.  I will try to catch it next time.

Works fine on my laptop or a pc. I have a "dumb" cell phone so can't help you there. What kind of device & browser are you using? That info may help someone else answer your inquiry.

1 hour ago, Host Kat said:

Works fine on my laptop or a pc. I have a "dumb" cell phone so can't help you there. What kind of device & browser are you using? That info may help someone else answer your inquiry.

PC with Windows and Google Chrome.

So I just logged in like normal but that notification bar did nothing when I clicked on it.  And I tried several times before it disappeared.  Not a big deal.  I was just surprised that it pops up but I can't do anything.  I'll use the button at the top of the page.

Edited by zitsky

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

PC with Windows and Google Chrome.

So I just logged in like normal but that notification bar did nothing when I clicked on it.  And I tried several times before it disappeared.  Not a big deal.  I was just surprised that it pops up but I can't do anything.  I'll use the button at the top of the page.

Check out the pinned thread How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings. Perhaps information there will be helpful regarding your settings in Manage Followed Content or Notification Settings

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to figure out Push Notifications. I have notifications set to send me an email and to come up in the website. But with the Push Notifications, I'm unable to enable that feature. There's an "X" that says "Permission was denied in this browser". I'm using Chrome on a PC. Any ideas? 

3 hours ago, GoldenGirl327 said:

I'm trying to figure out Push Notifications. I have notifications set to send me an email and to come up in the website. But with the Push Notifications, I'm unable to enable that feature. There's an "X" that says "Permission was denied in this browser". I'm using Chrome on a PC. Any ideas? 

In Chrome on PC: three vertical dots right end of tool bar, Settings, Privacy and security, Notifications. Make sure Sites can ask to send notifications is selected. Make sure boards.cruisecritic.com is not in the Not allowed to send list. You should then be able to enable push notifications in your cc account settings.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, broberts said:

In Chrome on PC: three vertical dots right end of tool bar, Settings, Privacy and security, Notifications. Make sure Sites can ask to send notifications is selected. Make sure boards.cruisecritic.com is not in the Not allowed to send list. You should then be able to enable push notifications in your cc account settings.

Thank you @broberts!  I had to play around with the site address but once I added boards.cruisecritic.com it allowed me to enable push notifications!!