Bungee for Splendour aft Jr. Suite?

redheadx3

Having spent a number of years living and traveling in the Caribbean, Central Pacific and Southern Asia, I have experienced the tropics at it's best and the worst. You learn that the warm moist air has a tendency to support the growth of a green fungus on shoes and other organic products residing in your closets. The moist air will also cause your bedding, carpets and other soft goods to take on a musty odor. Where air conditioning is present these negative aspects are eliminated, however, you can still enjoy the ocean breeze while ashore, on deck or possibly on your personal veranda.

The ship's air conditioning system is not designed to operate in an environment where the return air has a high moisture content. The system can not operate effectively when some cabins have outside doors open for long periods of time. For the comfort of all the passengers, and for maintenance considerations, I think you will find that the use of bungee cords to keep exterior doors open is not encouraged.

Petert

On most (if not all) of the RCI ships with sliding doors, there is a switch in the door jamb that shuts off the air in the cabin when the door is open. Also, if you wish to keep the door in open, or any position in between, you can usually move the door locking handle to the down or closed position. This mechanism is designed to pull the door down onto the threshold and closer the the jamb, thereby holding it wherever you wish it to be. It is easier to do, than to describe it, lol.

Hypo

Having spent a number of years living and traveling in the Caribbean, Central Pacific and Southern Asia, I have experienced the tropics at it's best and the worst. You learn that the warm moist air has a tendency to support the growth of a green fungus on shoes and other organic products residing in your closets. The moist air will also cause your bedding, carpets and other soft goods to take on a musty odor. Where air conditioning is present these negative aspects are eliminated, however, you can still enjoy the ocean breeze while ashore, on deck or possibly on your personal veranda.

The ship's air conditioning system is not designed to operate in an environment where the return air has a high moisture content. The system can not operate effectively when some cabins have outside doors open for long periods of time. For the comfort of all the passengers, and for maintenance considerations, I think you will find that the use of bungee cords to keep exterior doors open is not encouraged.

Petert

I'm sure this post is in way meant to tell you that if you desire to sleep with the balconey door open, you would be wrong

Archived