Guarantee cabin question

elh1

We had booked  a guarantee cabin for a fall 2022 New England cruise on the Summit back in February. I recently checked the booking and see that I was assigned a cabin a year in advance.  Is this unusual to assigned so far in advance? It is the very last cabin in the back of the ship in the lowest category.  Is there any way to change to other cabins in this category that are open, probably not as it is a guarantee I know.  Also do the one category upgrade for Captains Club members apply to guarantees?  This is the first inside that we are trying and it is a longish cruise and I'm wondering if maybe I should rebook another cruise or if there is any flexibility in this one.  I was just surprised (and ultimately somewhat disappointed) that my cabin number is showing this early.

1 hour ago, elh1 said:

We had booked  a guarantee cabin for a fall 2022 New England cruise on the Summit back in February. I recently checked the booking and see that I was assigned a cabin a year in advance.  Is this unusual to assigned so far in advance? It is the very last cabin in the back of the ship in the lowest category.  Is there any way to change to other cabins in this category that are open, probably not as it is a guarantee I know.  Also do the one category upgrade for Captains Club members apply to guarantees?  This is the first inside that we are trying and it is a longish cruise and I'm wondering if maybe I should rebook another cruise or if there is any flexibility in this one.  I was just surprised (and ultimately somewhat disappointed) that my cabin number is showing this early.

Exactly why we don't book guarantee's. Call Celebrity and see if you can change cabins if there are any left in the category you booked. Also there are Ocean View staterooms still available but only on decks two and three. Call Celebrity and upgrade yourself to an OV. Also ask about the 20% off promo. We booked this cruise January 2021 and knew it would fill up quickly. And it has. Rebooking's from cancelled 2021 NE/Canada cruises plus it's a popular cruise.