Eastbound TA April 16,2022 Emerald Princess

gubby

We are Canadians with dreaded mixed   vaccines. AstraZeneca/Pfizer. As we live in Ontario not yet eligible for 3rd shot. This 23 day cruise leaves from FLL. Will we be able to board. I know rules will likely change in the remaining 7 months, but we do need to make plans.

It sounds like you have a very realistic grasp of the situation. I'm not sure that there's much that can be said other than hang in there and hope that information comes to light before final payment that will enable you to make a decision whether or not to cancel.

• Like 1

I’m not sure how my TA did this but she had Astra/Moderna.  She went to a pharmacy asking for her 2nd Moderna and got it so is now on a cruise.  She lives in Ontario.   She wasn’t sure if they’d do it but she never mentioned she had the Astra just that she wanted the 2nd Moderna. 

46 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I’m not sure how my TA did this but she had Astra/Moderna.  She went to a pharmacy asking for her 2nd Moderna and got it so is now on a cruise.  She lives in Ontario.   She wasn’t sure if they’d do it but she never mentioned she had the Astra just that she wanted the 2nd Moderna. 

Good for her. I'm pretty sure there's more to the story, but at least it's a positive one.

42 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Good for her. I'm pretty sure there's more to the story, but at least it's a positive one.

I honestly don’t know how she managed. I live on the West Coast so she had messaged me.  She wasn’t sure when she went in if they’d do it but she just said she was there for her 2nd Moderna and they did it.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I honestly don’t know how she managed. I live on the West Coast so she had messaged me.  She wasn’t sure when she went in if they’d do it but she just said she was there for her 2nd Moderna and they did it.  

Not sure when she was able to get that but I have heard that certain places aren't the best at actually checking the Ontario vaccine database until after you get your dose.

A great question would be what her 3rd dose/2nd dose proof of vaccination looks like.

She would have two copies both saying Moderna both saying 2nd doses right?

36 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Not sure when she was able to get that but I have heard that certain places aren't the best at actually checking the Ontario vaccine database until after you get your dose.

A great question would be what her 3rd dose/2nd dose proof of vaccination looks like.

She would have two copies both saying Moderna both saying 2nd doses right?

She got it late August.   I don’t know how Ontario does their proof but she is on a cruise so it worked for her.  

• Like 1

We have had talks with our pharmacist, but he tells us we need to wait. As this guy is the best pharmacist we have ever dealt with  of course we will listen to him. Just keep hoping that Doug Ford will finally let us get a booster. We are in the elderly age group- both are 77. On a brighter note  I was able to secure a spot to tour Downton Abbey  so it we can cruise on the TA, another  bucket list wish will be ticked

• Like 2

Hi, 

Looks like there are two roll calls for this cruise, so I'll try to figure out which one I should follow

Joining the TA portion of the cruise for now.  Now sure I can add the other two weeks and the cost since I'm sailing alone for now.

I've been on one cruise in June (another line in Bermuda) and will be on a California coastal in Oct on Princess.  Can't wait to get back onboard again.  I miss cruising.

Please add me to the M&G.  If anyone has any tours and can add one extra, let me know. 

Thanks

This is my bad. I forgot that there was a roll call for this cruise( that I also am a part of)but specifically started this to ask about  being able to cruise because of mixed vaccines. Could a monitor please close this one. Sometimes my mind does not co-operate like it used to.

On 9/18/2021 at 8:54 PM, canadianbear said:

You know Elaine?