Curly hair- travel blow dryer & diffuser

Florida Glamazon

Hello,  I'm used to washing and blow drying what a diffuser every 3 days (or less). The blow dryers on ships look like the one that was terrible on a Carnival cruise a few years back. I jokingly called it the "Fisher Price Singe and Fry" dryer. If I just air dry my hair lacks volume.

So I want to get a travel blow dryer of my own that is compatible with a hard plastic diffuser.

Do you have a favorite model/brand that works for your hair?

PS_ For curly girls out there, I just tried Cake brand mousse and curl defining cream and really like the results. Plus it smells like a lemon cake.

I have a T3 Featherweight travel dryer.  I've had it for at least 10 years.  Love it.  Dual voltage so I can take it anywhere (you have to turn a screw on the plug).  The end of the barrel is the same size as the full-size dryer so it fits my hard diffuser just fine.  The newer model gets so-so reviews, but I haven't had any issues.  

Oh my.  I haven't heard anyone talk about Cake!  I bought some of their dry shampoo years ago at the Cake store in Vancouver.  And the Deserted Island hand cream - lovely.  Some of the only products with a scent that I could handle.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  Since I'm doing a little barge trip next summer, I figured I'd start looking for a travel diffuser to attempt to cut down on the volume in my luggage (trying to stay to my carry-on size bag only).  

First, I wouldn't recommend those "hot sox" diffusers.  In my work at hotel front desks, I've had several women come up with melted "sox" and desperate for a diffuser.  That is why I've just carried my hard one if needed.  But, doing a little 'net research, there are now some pretty cool collapsible silicone diffusers that are full-size, but smash down to maybe 1/2 inch.  There are 3 that I see on "best of" lists frequently: The Curl Co., Sindycurls and KingKam.  The difference seems to be in the teeth.  The one from The Curl Co seemed to have more "best" selections.  For the price, I think I'm going to try one.  It's out of stock on Amazon, but it seems to be in-stock on the The Curl Co website.