Picture-A-Week 2021 - Week 39

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, September 20 and Sunday, September 26.

Fall/Spring is here (adjusted hemispherically)!  A good reason for some quality camera time!

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Why does one spend months on home improvement projects, including almost every active hour between the end of a regular workday and the need to sleep for the last four weeks just to ensure that the venue for their daughter’s baby shower was presentable to the guests? Why would that daughter’s Mother and Sister work so very hard for months to collect, craft and if necessary, hunt down and buy all the little bits that would make the party one to remember. What would inspire friends to volunteer for the frantic preparation and show up early on the day of the event to work alongside the harried family members until they barely had time to go home and change? The answer is simple. Love. Any of us would do the same for any of the others. That is family.

Friends & Family

1941329908_2021-39FriendsandFamily.thumb.jpg.306376c9272291ac0034b76c5063ce5a.jpg

Dave

• Like 2

Well I was on vacation for an extended 5-day weekend, and finally got back, caught up at work, and sorted through my photos.  So rather than my usual wetlands photos, this time I've got some shots from Disney World...

Galaxy's Edge, the Star Wars themed land in Disney's Hollywood Studios, where the Millennium Falcon is parked:

original.jpg

The Brown Derby restaurant in Disney's Hollywood Studios:

original.jpg

The entrance to Hollywood Studios, near sunset:

original.jpg

Cinderella's Castle at Magic Kingdom, done up in all new paint and decor for the 50th anniversary of Disney World:

original.jpg

Standing right at the castle entrance and looking up with a 10mm lens:

original.jpg

The interior lobby of the Grand Floridian Resort hotel:

original.jpg

Some amazing three-dimensional and beautiful white clouds in a crisp blue sky, over the Contemporary Resort:

original.jpg

Watching the sun set over Disney Springs, from a rocking chair on the deck of my resort, Saratoga Springs:

original.jpg

• Like 3