3rd jab / booster jabs

On 9/21/2021 at 4:31 PM, CaroleSS said:

The "correct" answer is that all the pharmacies have that check box asking if you are immunocompromised....if you check that box, they will give you the shot.....whether you truly are or not. They will not (and cannot) ask you for proof. It is up to your conscious to lie or not.

I've posted the rules from the CDC website and posted the most recent ruling from the FDA. They are the current "rules", if you choose to get the booster shot ahead of time, that's your choice, but the CDC and FDA do NOT....repeat NOT.......recommend you getting it earlier than 8 months after your second shot. (See post #10) If you "heard" otherwise, please site your reference.....not "the news", not a friend said, not Facebook, etc. Being 65+ doesn't qualify as immunocompromised, nor does diabetes, high blood pressure or halitosis.

I am not sure why everyone is clamoring to get the booster when you are currently protected. You don't have to have the booster to cruise. I'm not understanding.....what is the hurry?

CDC recommends 3rd shot for immuno-compromised as soon as 28 days after second dose. 

CDC recommended today that anyone over 65 get a booster 

117B553C-0A14-499D-82FE-C145769F506D.jpeg

DH is a type II diabetic and has mild asthma so he signed up today for shot #3 at CVS.   I also signed up as I technically qualify with my weight/BMI.  We both had Pfizer.   We figured we'd just go ahead since we qualify.  I didn't realize they were using all the same criteria for the third that they used for the first until I checked the info posted today.  We're both going next week.  There were plenty of appointments available.  DH is getting his flu shot at the same time.  I plan to wait a few days to get mine.

Edited by BND