Walgreens ID Now Test Results

Fla Mike

6 hours ago, Shayhooper said:

It really matters where you live.  Where I am, we don't have CVS that offer testing and Walgreens has NO tests available.  Also, I did a PCR test last Monday and got the results last night, a week later.

People in other areas are reporting wide open appointments and PCR tests back in a day.  It would be nice if it was consistent nationwide.

My daughter's friend was feeling sick late last week. Stayed home from school Friday. The entire family was tested on Saturday for "24-hour" result testing. They received the results yesterday afternoon about 5PM, the entire family positive. It took 3 days for results on the 1-day testing. That is a drastic sign at how backed up they are here now. It may be because they needed 4 tests without an appt and couldn't find a rapid test facility that quickly. But things are just not good. Fortunately or unfortunately, my daughter and her friend were not in close contact all week long at school last week.

12 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I think what people are stressing about is media controlled.

• The media has stated there is a shortage of tests available
  • The media has stated that the turnaround time for results is longer: 2-3 days instead of 1-2
  • The media has scared people into believing they will get covid.

I understand it. Our problem is we cannot take more days off work to get tested. If we could, the rapid test result is how we would have gone. Unfortunately, we could not take time off work or school Thursday or Friday to have it done for a Saturday cruise. Much easier to do the at home test for us.

Let me emphasize or correct my statement here. My comment was solely based on the availability of covid testing, not the virus itself. It is real and it is deadly. My friend's mom passed away a week ago from it. What the media has done is create a fear of being able to be tested. In my area there are a LARGE number of employers that now require weekly covid testing for unvaccinated people. Assuming the rate in my county alone of 40% unvaccinated, between county and municipality employees, it is about 5,000 tests per week (5 biggest cities and county including temporary and PT employees). Some of the largest private employers are requiring it as well along with about 5 colleges. The numbers get staggering on how many tests are being chewed up per week unnecessarily.

Previously, I thought there should be no priority given for testing. Now, I think there needs to be. I think it needs to be prioritized as below and each individual tracked for testing to know if they are doing it cyclically. 

1. Anyone that needs the test because they have symptoms or exposure. 
  2. Healthcare and frontline employees that are exposed most often
  3. People requiring international travel for work or leisure
  4. People that require it weekly for employment. Tracked and can be denied testing based on supply constraints.

21 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

After all the stress of getting a test appointment and reading all the info here on CC our testing day finally arrived this morning.

We will be leaving on the Magic this Thursday (Sept 23), so today was the day.

Yes, we are fully vaccinated.

We live on the Florida treasure Coast.

I originally had made an appointment with Quest, but when everything changed to two days, they could not guarantee results on time.

It was time to look at CVS and Walgreens...

The closest CVS offering a rapid test for us was 40 miles away and they would take an appointment 2 weeks out, so I made the appointment.

Walgreens would only take appointments 3 days out, but they were down the block.

I was concerned that Carnival would not accept this test but our neighbors kids were on the Magic two weeks ago and did this same Walgreens test and had no problem.

Awaking at  1 AM Saturday morning, I made the appointments, and cancelled CVS.

Our appointments was at 9:30 and 9:45 respectively.

We showed up at the drive-through at 9:15 and we able to begin. They checked out ID, and never asked for any proof of insurance.

Cost $0

For the both of us took all of 10 minutes, maybe. We were home again by 9:30.

By 10AM we both received our email link.

Below is a shot of the results.

I wanted to share this in case anyone had any doubts.

This was quick and easy.

Now it's time to get ready for a Guy's burger and A Thirsty Frog!!!

Walgreens Test.JPG

Thanks for sharing  

21 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

Our appointments was at 9:30 and 9:45 respectively.

We showed up at the drive-through at 9:15 and we able to begin. They checked out ID, and never asked for any proof of insurance.

Cost $0

For the both of us took all of 10 minutes, maybe. We were home again by 9:30.

I have wondered how it will work getting tests for two people with consecutive appointments. Would we need to drive around the building and switch drivers for the second person so they'd be the one at the drive thru window side?

I'm guessing not the case, or you'd have mentioned that. Do they do both tests at one time, or the driver then the passenger?

2 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I have wondered how it will work getting tests for two people with consecutive appointments. Would we need to drive around the building and switch drivers for the second person so they'd be the one at the drive thru window side?

I'm guessing not the case, or you'd have mentioned that. Do they do both tests at one time, or the driver then the passenger?

We did our tests at a CVS in the south part of town. Our appointments were 1:00 & 1:10 respectively. When we drove into the parking lot, CVS had a small construction like trailer there to do the testing, and 3 reserved spaces for the people taking the tests. We parked in the reserved spaces, and when 1pm rolled around, the wife went into the trailer and returned to the car 5 minutes later. It was then my turn. It took about 5 minutes after a very short interview, verification of my ID, etc. It was very simple, and professionally done. Very satisfied with them.  NOTE: That was BEFORE CDC changed from 3 days to 2 days. As always, YMMV. 

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

We did our tests at a CVS in the south part of town. Our appointments were 1:00 & 1:10 respectively. When we drove into the parking lot, CVS had a small construction like trailer there to do the testing, and 3 reserved spaces for the people taking the tests. We parked in the reserved spaces, and when 1pm rolled around, the wife went into the trailer and returned to the car 5 minutes later. It was then my turn. It took about 5 minutes after a very short interview, verification of my ID, etc. It was very simple, and professionally done. Very satisfied with them.  NOTE: That was BEFORE CDC changed from 3 days to 2 days. As always, YMMV. 

Thanks. Walgreens, at least the one I went to when I wanted a test, does it at the drive-thru. But I was alone that time so I don't know how it will work with 2 in the car.

19 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I think what people are stressing about is media controlled.

• The media has stated there is a shortage of tests available
  • The media has stated that the turnaround time for results is longer: 2-3 days instead of 1-2
  • The media has scared people into believing they will get covid.

I understand it. Our problem is we cannot take more days off work to get tested. If we could, the rapid test result is how we would have gone. Unfortunately, we could not take time off work or school Thursday or Friday to have it done for a Saturday cruise. Much easier to do the at home test for us.

I actually haven't seen a single report from the media regarding test shortages. I have real and actual knowledge of the shortage we had here last month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Our test were 9:30 and 9:45 with me being first.

We drove up to the drive-through window I showed my ID and said DW (sitting next to me) had the next appointment, she verified her ID. I did my swab, handed it back, wifey did hers ...done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, grumpyjr88 said:

I actually haven't seen a single report from the media regarding test shortages. I have real and actual knowledge of the shortage we had here last month. 

It is on the news here constantly now. Every news cast around: Covid, Covid, Covid, then lack of testing available.

23 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

It is on the news here constantly now. Every news cast around: Covid, Covid, Covid, then lack of testing available.

I guess my news market didn't get the memo 😂OR maybe there actually IS a shortage 💁‍♀️

Edited by grumpyjr88

23 hours ago, roosterlamp said:

Dido Fla Mike; DW and I had the same experience today. A huge thanks to the folks at Walgreens in Port Orange for their quick, easy and efficient testing procedures.

Might I enquire of which port orange walgreens you used?

4 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

When we did the drive thru test Rapid at Walgreens we didn't even have back-to-back appointments for all 4 of us (we were something like 10:00, 10:15, 10:45, 11:15), but still let us do them all at the same time.  They labeled all 4 tests and had us self-administer before passing them back through the window.  We got 4 tests done in under 5 minutes.  Results were back within 30 minutes. 

Edited by geaux_aces
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, klstiger said:

So if we have a Sunday departure, we can get the test done on Thursday correct? 

Trying to schedule with Walgreens or CVS vs. 250.00/pp a the private place. 

Vaccinated travelers need a test no more than two days prior to boarding. THat means if you sail on Sunday you will need to test on Friday at the earliest. Only unvaccinated has the three day window and it must be a PCR test.

Our local CVS will not let you book until we are 2 weeks out.  I do not want to stress about an appointment so I bought the home test. I already have it here and waiting.

I might need it to get home from Mexico in January (verse) going to a testing center there. 

So I just bought it and decided not to worry. 

Bobbi

3 hours ago, Dadofsix said:

Vaccinated travelers need a test no more than two days prior to boarding. THat means if you sail on Sunday you will need to test on Friday at the earliest. Only unvaccinated has the three day window and it must be a PCR test.

Interesting after digging on carnival website, it says it gave an example of if you leave on a Saturday, you can test on a Wednesday.  

10 minutes ago, klstiger said:

Interesting after digging on carnival website, it says it gave an example of if you leave on a Saturday, you can test on a Wednesday.  

Yes the example you are giving is for unvaccinated guests. The current protocol for vaccinated passengers in two days.

Effective with sailings as of September 13, 2021, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.

Yes glad someone caught that... thank you!!! 

Will Carnival accept this one? Anyone have a clue if you get the results quick? 

CVS has these nearby but not the rapid result.

Test type: Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

Sorry - need to figure out how to edit and delete comments from my phone!

2 minutes ago, klstiger said:

Yes glad someone caught that... thank you!!! 

Will Carnival accept this one? Anyone have a clue if you get the results quick? 

CVS has these nearby but not the rapid result.

Test type: Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

Sorry - need to figure out how to edit and delete comments from my phone!

Yes that is accepted by Carnival.