Miami cruise parking for disabled vet?

wgeddings

My mother and father are going on a cruise out of Miami in November.  He is disabled (with disabled placard) and a vet but not a Florida resident.  I read that in PortMiami, free parking is only for disabled individuals with a special Florida resident sticker or a modified vehicle with the appropriate stickers and his mobility issues are not upper extremities so he does not have/need a specially equipped van.  So he would not qualify for free parking in the PortMiami parking lot.  

Does anyone know if there is discounted disabled vet parking anywhere else?  I know there was a special rate at a garage but I have heard that is not presently open.  

Your interpretation of the PortMiami free parking for disabled vets is correct.

Pay for the parking at the port.  It is safe and much more convenient than using an off-site location that will involve shuttles to and from the port.

• Like 1

There will be some handicap spots but they aren’t always easy to get and he will have to pay full price for the parking.  I do not know of any other offsite parking that would offer a discounted price to a handicapped vet.

Thank your father for his service please. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is discounted disabled vet parking anywhere else?  I know there was a special rate at a garage but I have heard that is not presently open.  

you may be thinking of 'lots of honor' which is at Port Canaveral and NOT reopened so far as I know . . .

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:26 PM, wgeddings said:

I read that in PortMiami, free parking is only for disabled individuals with a special Florida resident sticker or a modified vehicle with the appropriate stickers and his mobility issues are not upper extremities so he does not have/need a specially equipped van.  So he would not qualify for free parking in the PortMiami parking lot.  

It is available for totally (100%) disabled veterans with a Florida DV (disabled veteran) license plate. Any disability, as long as it is 100% disabling, qualifies for the DV plate.

Edited by Orlando Vic