Magic 8 day menu and Steakhouse question

craigtompkins

We are on an 8 day cruise on the Magic Oct 23rd 2021.  We start with back to back sea days.  We want to do the steakhouse 1 night, but not sure what night we should schedule it for.  Has anyone seen the menu order for this sailing?  I'd rather do the steakhouse on a day we don't like the menu as much.  For example I don't want to go to the steakhouse the same night they have filet in the MDR nor do I want to miss my smores parfait 🙂

Any help is appreciated.

I like to schedule the Steakhouse for the  mid point of a 7 day cruise.  But on your 8 day cruise, the 1st elegant night will probably be the 1st sea day, so the 2nd sea day or the 1st port day could be a good choice for specialty dining.

If there is a particular dessert you like on the menu the evening you dine in the Steakhouse, you have 2 ways to get it:  Go to the MDR after you finish the Steakhouse meal and ask to be seated just for the dessert.  Or, tell your head waiter the night before the Steakhouse to either save it for you or have the kitchen make a new batch for your enjoyment when you return the following night.  We've done both, and I don't think we got results for being Diamond.

Enjoy!!

Edited by evandbob

14 minutes ago, craigtompkins said:

I would have too.  I really don't like Carnival's Thanksgiving dinner...don't really like it at home either 🙂

We are in OSJ that day so a lot of things we wanted to tour will be closed. We will do a self walking tour, see the buildings from the outside, shop a little, have an original pina coloda, and back on the ship about lunch time (7AM - 2PM port day). We will watch some football and enjoy the Steakhouse for T-day.