Be careful ncl air

stich3003

Got our NCL AIR BOGO today for 11/20 Joy cruise. If we were to buy our own air, which we did for 9/4, we would have paid $250 more. We got the flight we always take to FLL.

So, no complaints unless something changes. We even pick our own seats.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

• Like 3

My primary reason for using NCL Air for the first time (14day Caribbean Feb 2022 embarking Tampa, flying from Boston) was due to Covid uncertainty.  I preferred that a potential NCL cancellation of the cruise would not cause me headaches trying to recoup $ from a separate Air Carrier.  Yes, I purchase Trip Insurance.

That the cost we paid for two NCL-Air RT tix has subsequently <more than> doubled with most Airlines is a bonus.

Now if I can just get a guarantee that our arrival won't be delayed by an in-flight detour when some anti-vax knucklehead  punches a flight attendant because he doesn't want to wear a mask......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leithbones said:

My primary reason for using NCL Air for the first time (14day Caribbean Feb 2022 embarking Tampa, flying from Boston) was due to Covid uncertainty.  I preferred that a potential NCL cancellation of the cruise would not cause me headaches trying to recoup $ from a separate Air Carrier.  Yes, I purchase Trip Insurance.

That the cost we paid for two NCL-Air RT tix has subsequently <more than> doubled with most Airlines is a bonus.

Now if I can just get a guarantee that our arrival won't be delayed by an in-flight detour when some anti-vax knucklehead  punches a flight attendant because he doesn't want to wear a mask......

I'm doing a survey on NCL Air.

Did you read all the rules for NCL Air?

Thank you! 

28 minutes ago, Krazy Kat said:

Yes, three times over.  Made all the difference in my planning and how to maximize my savings. 

Thank you.  Would you please give me the link you read? I just want to see o if we both read the same one. 

Thanks! 

This is the one I read and maybe I cannot see where it states you can not cancel your flight before you cruise or within x number of days

What am I missing?

I know I am leaving myself wide open. Have fun!

Air Sea Program

We've got a few friends in the airline business.

By flying people all over the world to get on our ships, we have the clout to get you a good deal on your airfare. Often better than you would find online. So don't worry about hunting all over the internet, just call us and let us find you the right flight at the right price. We offer airfare from over 100 departure cities across North America, making it convenient to get to the ship.

Call 1.800.327.7030 and let us make it an easy trip to the ship.

Cruise Documentation

All cruise and air electronic documents are available for printing approximately 60 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. Please be sure to check all of your documents and then reconfirm your flight with the airline at least 72 hours prior to departure. Please be aware that flight schedules are subject to change at any time. You will be provided with baggage tags which you will need to fill out completely and affix to every piece of luggage including carry-ons.

Transfers

Air/Sea Passengers:
Transfers between the airport and pier are available for purchase by all Air/Sea guests. In addition, transfer between airport and pre- or post-cruise hotel are available for purchase when the hotel was arranged by Norwegian Cruise Line. Transfers included in the Air/Sea Program are non-refundable. Upon arrival at the airport in the city of embarkation, passengers should proceed to the baggage claim area to claim their luggage. A Norwegian Cruise Line representative will meet them in the baggage claim area on domestic flights, and outside of Customs on international flights, to assist with their transportation to the ship or hotel (if applicable).

Cruise Only Passengers:
Cruise Only passengers who schedule their own flights and want to purchase transfers should call reservations at 1.800.327.7030. Ground transfers must be booked 11 days prior to sailing. Upon arrival at the airport in the city of embarkation, Cruise Only passengers who have purchased NCL's transfers should proceed to the baggage claim area to claim their luggage. An NCL representative will meet them in the baggage claim area on domestic flights, and outside of Customs on international flights, to assist with their transportation to the ship or hotel (if applicable). For Cruise Only passengers booking their own return flights, we suggest a departure time no less than 6 hours after announced arrival time of the ship.

Air Ticketing

NCL's Air/Sea Program is operated and ticketed by NCL Tours. Airline tickets are issued on fares that are capacity controlled and highly restrictive, so airline tickets may not be reissued or exchanged for another carrier or routing.

Airline Procedures & Restrictions
The terms of the air transportation will be governed by the air carrier ticket contract and NCL's Passenger Ticket Contract. NCL reserves the right to choose the air carrier, routing and city airport from each gateway city and reserves the right to substitute commuter service and/or charter air service for scheduled air carriers without prior notice. All terms and conditions governing NCL's Air/Sea Program and the air transportation arranged by NCL will equally apply to such chartered air service. Flight schedules may not, in some cases, be the most direct, and connections, layovers and involuntary overnights en route may be necessary. The cost of such overnight arrangements (food, lodging, transfers and items of a personal nature) will be the passengers' responsibility. Please note that scheduled flights directly into Quebec City, Canada, are limited. In many cases, passengers will be flown into Montreal, Canada. The motorcoach transfer from Montreal to Quebec City takes approximately 3 hours. Some guests may be flown into Fort Lauderdale, FL, rather than Miami International Airport, for sailings embarking/debarking from Miami, FL. Flights may be substituted at any time prior to ticketing. Actual flight schedules, fare basis and applicable rules cannot be committed until airline tickets are issued. Gateways will not be available for sale beginning at 30 days prior to sailing. Air/Sea gateway cities may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. NCL will not be responsible for any expenses or other consequences resulting from inclement weather, strikes, flight cancellations, changes/delays in the ship's schedule or a change/delay in schedule or routing made by a passenger, travel agent or airline. If, due to any cause beyond NCL's control, NCL is unable to arrange air travel (including, for example, because of capacity controls placed upon us by airlines due to types of fares under which NCL books) or the air travel NCL arranges is unavailable or otherwise fails to materialize, NCL's sole liability will be limited to refunding the air add-on amount paid to NCL.

Air Charges

Air Charges may include any and all fees, charges and taxes related to air transportation imposed by U.S. and/or foreign governmental or quasi-governmental authorities including passenger and airport facility charges, air departure taxes, foreign airport taxes, customs/immigration/security fees, airport service charges and inspection fees. Air Charges are additional, vary by gateway city and routing and are subject to change. Air Charges are estimated and billed by gateway city and routing and are non-commissionable. Actual Air Charges may be higher or lower than the amount quoted. Refunds will not be made if actual Air Charges are lower than the amount quoted. If actual Air Charges are higher than the amount quoted, NCL reserves the right to collect the difference. Certain countries require passengers to pay an airport departure tax which may not be included on the passenger air ticket. This tax is collected at the airport and may have to be paid in local currency. This tax is the responsibility of each individual passenger. Cancellation fees are assessed for any air changes or deviations, contact NCL for more information. Airline baggage fees are not included in the price of your airline ticket. Ancillary fees are paid directly to the airline.

Seat Assignments & Special Air Service Requests

NCL cannot confirm seat assignments. We recommend that you or your travel professional contact the airlines directly for seat assignments. Special meals, addition of frequent flyer numbers or other type ancillary services relative to your airline records should be made directly with the airlines.

Norwegian Cruise Line Flight Assistance Hotline - While Traveling En-Route

Let's face it, sometimes unforeseen things happen; bad weather, delayed flights and even cancellations. If your flight is changed or a weather-related delay leaves you stuck while you're traveling to one of our Freestyle Cruises®, don't panic. The first thing you should do is immediately advise an airline representative at the airport that you are a guest of Norwegian Cruise Line, and you are on your way to join our cruise ship. Usually, they can arrange alternative flights at the airline counter, so you can get to your ship or hotel package destination.

After you learn your new flight arrangements, please contact our "Flight Assistance Hotline" at 1.800.456.7179, as soon as possible, with your new flight. The call is toll-free and our representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Please note: This special number is operational only in the United States and Canada. Outside of the U.S. and Canada you may reach us at 1.305.468.2029 and we accept collect calls.

Important: The above numbers are for emergency use only for unforeseen delays. If you have any other questions, please contact your travel professional. NCL is not responsible for any airline delays.

32 minutes ago, Oxo said:

This is the one I read and maybe I cannot see where it states you can not cancel your flight before you cruise or within x number of days

What am I missing?

I know I am leaving myself wide open. Have fun!

What are you missing - reading the OTHER link that was provided

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

"Cancellation Fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date"

And for your convenience, here is a link to the cancellation schedule:

Cancellation Fee Schedule (ncl.com)

image.png.eaae34fcba5dd2d1f14b98c63668bb38.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

What are you missing - reading the OTHER link that was provided

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

"Cancellation Fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date"

And for your convenience, here is a link to the cancellation schedule:

Cancellation Fee Schedule (ncl.com)

image.png.eaae34fcba5dd2d1f14b98c63668bb38.png

Thank you for helping with the additional info. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to not only respond, but to provide the actual data. So, by right, I should get 25% of my fare that I paid since I am within 49 days before my cruise? Is it worth the effort? No, because it is only $25.00. However, it is the principle. So, everyone should read the 3 different links provide to ensure that we know all the rules. After over 125 cruises, I don't tke the time to read all the rules anymore. I am too ole for that. LOL

Again, Thank you!!

Stay Safe!

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

Air/Sea is a different program.  Air/Sea is if you want to book non-promo airfares to get to your cruise, using NCL as your "TA" for the cruise and airfare.

Thank you for your clarification. I always use and have always used a TA. They earn their money!!!

Stay Safe!

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2021 at 12:22 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

I guess I am in the minority here but I never pay more than $11.20 per person RT on my flights and that includes 1st class.  You just have to know the system and work it to your advantage! The flights through NCL are overpriced.

Um, what?!?!  Do tell.