Be careful ncl air

stich3003

Ncl requires full payment 60 days out. There air program is part of the 60 days out. But the catch is you don't know when and were your flight will be. You have zero say on preference or routes. You find out the bad news 45 days out. Oops to late to cancel. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stich3003 said:

Ncl requires full payment 60 days out. There air program is part of the 60 days out. But the catch is you don't know when and were your flight will be. You have zero say on preference or routes. You find out the bad news 45 days out. Oops to late to cancel. 

The b1g1 airfare promo is actually 75days out.  So when you get inside the 75 days, even if it's before the 60d final payment, you cannot change the air or deviation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Middleager said:

The b1g1 airfare promo is actually 75days out.  So when you get inside the 75 days, even if it's before the 60d final payment, you cannot change the air or deviation.

Correct- as noted on the terms and conditions page that I linked any deviation requests must be on your reservation no fewer than 75 days prior to the cruise...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stich3003 said:

If you are booking NCL air, you can't expect to get any preferences, times, or routes. You may get a 10 pm flight home and have to spend the day at the airport. Or you could get non-stop flights to/from your home airport. NCL is certainly looking for cheap flights which means off-hours and connections. But if money is important (and it is to most of us), then we are willing to deal with a bit of inconvenience with our travel. 

• Like 3

It was just a warning.  for those who may not know.  We are going 2 days ahead of the cruise. And I found out the hard way. So I wanted to open the eyes of people like me. I do think that what's these boards are for. I canceled my air and took the loss of $299.00 no big deal. Just looking out for fellow cruisers.. I do appreciate the other cruisers basically calling me a idiot for not knowing.  Lol

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, stich3003 said:

It was just a warning.  for those who may not know.  We are going 2 days ahead of the cruise. And I found out the hard way. So I wanted to open the eyes of people like me. I do think that what's these boards are for

Try all you want, but the people who are going to come here and make a post complaining about the nasty flights NCL booked them and they had no clue that was what they would get and that they couldn't change them are the same people that are going to just ignore the terms & conditions linked during the booking process.  Oh, and those same people aren't going to come here and use the search box to find your thread or any other on this board where the topic has been discussed at length.

The only way people are going to be aware of the situation is for NCL to have a part of the booking process with a series of checkboxes you need to click in order to complete the process, where each box is an acknowledgement of a condition of the air promo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hallux said:

Try all you want, but the people who are going to come here and make a post complaining about the nasty flights NCL booked them and they had no clue that was what they would get and that they couldn't change them are the same people that are going to just ignore the terms & conditions linked during the booking process.  Oh, and those same people aren't going to come here and use the search box to find your thread or any other on this board where the topic has been discussed at length.

The only way people are going to be aware of the situation is for NCL to have a part of the booking process with a series of checkboxes you need to click in order to complete the process, where each box is an acknowledgement of a condition of the air promo.

I am not going to get in a verbal battle with you. A lot of people work a ton of hours. And don't have time to read every thread and all the fine print. I am just putting it out there. You are buying air fare with no clue when were and how. Ncl should change that policy and give some idea of flights before it's to late to cancel. Not a professional way to do business. Just saying. Just beware. 

• Like 5

My NCL cruise consultant explained to me in detail on the phone what the pros and cons (mostly cons) of using NCL air.  We'd save about $3500 using the NCL air.  He said NCL will get us to our destination and back in less than 2 connecting flights each way but they may be red eyes and we may not be able to sit together.   He said he'll contact me closer to our cruise to see what's available at the time.  Since we hardly ever fly, we don't have any points and air perks with any airlines so using NCL air is probably what we'll do.  Doesn't matter to me as long as we get there and back.  A lot of people have posted on these boards that they were pleased with their NCL air so it's not all horrible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I'd never let my air travels be booked and handled by NCL even if it saved me some money. The stress, time lost, and anxiety they'd put me through wouldn't be worth the money I would save on a ticket. No way .....

Yes I agree 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Middleager said:

Thank you for that info - it does keep changing and I was assuming 60 days for the air as well - that's what it was when I booked my upcoming October cruise.  But I'm considering something in December, 88 days out - and may need to change my return airport.  So doing that now instead of later!

• Like 1

sorry, but i dont book thru ncl  regardless of the price. id rather book my own airfare, flights and times.  this isnt to try and brag, but i had my wife call about the bogo air promo, and was advised that it was basic economy. of course they gave us the option to upgrade, but the airfare for say delta comfort was actually cheaper.

while people may work a ton of hours, if you have the time to go through and see what cruises and destinations you want, i'm sure that with a little effort you can find your own reasonable flights

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I'd never let my air travels be booked and handled by NCL even if it saved me some money. The stress, time lost, and anxiety they'd put me through wouldn't be worth the money I would save on a ticket. No way .....

Our flight times were perfect and we love the thought that someone will be waiting for us at the airport to drive us straight to the cruise port.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hallux said:

That still wouldn’t work with many people.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I have to agree. I book our flights. Would never allow any cruise line to book a flight for me without allowing me to have input. Not worth it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Totally agree, would stress me out waiting for flight information. I am a planner and definitely want to plan my own flights. That way no complaints. 😉

12 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Agree.  Either have total control of your flights and make them yourself.  Or, put those choices in someone else’s hands (like NCL) and take what they give you.

I ALWAYS look at the fine print, regardless of what it’s for.  I’ve been burned way too many times by NOT reading the fine print.  Plus, whatever time you saved, you’ll end up losing when you find out your flights are inconvenient and you’re stuck sitting at an airport for unending hours.

In 2019 I used the NCL free flights, it was not BOGO at the time but still cost $99/pp.  My flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando on Delta had a stop in Atlanta on the way there and Detroit on return.  Most carriers have direct flights on this route.  Normally I book through Southwest just because of free bags, more direct flights and lower price. I was not happy but it really wasn't a big deal in the end.  I have free bags on Delta so $198 round trip was a bargain and it was nice I could assign my own seats and not go through the Southwest boarding process. 

At the time I said never again but my 2023 cruise included BOGO air from Pit to NY so I figured how bad could it be for a total of $249 for 2 people. My 2022 was booked when that promotion was not being offered so I am going to have to book my own but I have a really good deal for a Club Balcony Suite through CAS and it would cost way more now to rebook to take advantage on the current offer.