Booked aft balcony on Freedom

travelgrl

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board and i just wanted opinions on aft room.

My husband and I along with our 2 kids 13 and 10 will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas this August and booked Aft balcony room 1704. I've noticed that the Explorer of the Seas has basically the same layout any opinions on the view we will have, motion sicknes or noise factor. I know you guys have probably seen questions like this before, but husband and kids are excited, whereas I'm a little concerned with the motion factor.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

I have travelled on the Mariner in room 1388 which is the same as 1400 on the Freedom. It was my 18 yr old son, 14 yr old daughter & myself and we absolutely loved it. The only time we felt any disturbance was the last couple of nights when we were in really rough waters (it was Labor day in 2004 when those hurricanes hit the ports in FL and we "had" :) to stay at sea a couple of extra days! We all slept so soundly. My daughter commented to me that the gentle rocking of the ship helped calm her and put her to sleep each night! The only time I felt any of the "gentle" rocking was in the bathroom. The view you will have will be magnificent as you are right in the middle of the aft on the top passenger room deck. You can stand at your balcony and look straight down into the water. No obstructions whatsoever. No noise problems either that I noticed, but then again, noise doesn't bother me.

Relax, and don't worry -- if you feel seasick, they can give you something from the infirmary. Let yourself be as excited as your husband and kids and you will end up having a blast! By the way, I'm jealous -- I wanted to go on the Freedom in August but the prices are still too high for me then and I'm spoiled now and don't want anything but an aft (but I may have to settle if I want to go on the Freedom anytime soon!- LOL!

Hope this helps some!

I just had a Deck 8 Aft Balc cabin on Voyager, and I would not do it again. The balc was very nice, but 1) I realized just how long the ship actually is when your cabin in all the way aft (and Freedom is of course longer), and 2) I found the noise and vibration (while not constant) enough of a distraction.

It wasn't bad, just not my preference.

I always book aft cabins. On the Voyager-class ships I have always been on deck 10 aft/corner. I have never had a problem with motion or vibration. I guess the higher up you go, the further you are from the vibrations? I personally love the long walk from my cabin to the stairs/elevator. It keeps me in good shape and allows me to eat a few extra calories during the week! The other benefit of being further from the stairs is that you don't have any passenger traffic in the hallways that far back other than your neighbors! Even "playful" kids don't seem to want to venture that far back! ;) I am booked in my favorite cabin (deck 10 aft/corner) on Freedom too! I can't wait!!!!

Ok now I am confused- I am trying to book an aft corner cabin for the Freedom April 2007, some are already taken- it looks like the balconies on the corner cabins are larger, is that true? I didn't think there would be a noise problem- We were in an aft cabin on RCCL, Splendour and the balcony was quite large and no noise

Thank you all for your responses. The fam have convinced me it won't be so bad, after all there is the bonnie .:D Plus our agent gave some really good incentives for booking. My husband and I will actually be renewing our vows in Jamaica:) , the kids will be our witness so we're very excited. Correction husband and I are excited about the wedding, Kids are super excited about the ship and all to see and do. Another quick question, do you think room will be crowded with 2 adults and 2 kids. We figured when the kids started to annoy us at least we could escape to the balcony for peace and quiet.

Sailed : Celebrity "Millenium" 2003:)

Costa Classica 2005 icon13.gif never again.

Sailing RCCL Freedom of the Seas Aug 2006icon10.gif

• 1 month later...

Happy to hear you are renewing your vows. I am travelling on the same cruise, I think we will be one deck below you Aft. We are celebrating our 25th with our kids 23 and 20 and my husband doesn't want to do that. You will love the Aft., we were aft on the carnival glory and loved it, that is why we chose it again, our kids will have their own room. You'll have to yell down to us from your balcony, Hehehehe!!!!

Archived