Public Transit - Miami Airport to Marriott Biscayne Bay

pasodancer

Adventurous adult son is thinking at it may be faster for him to take Public Transit from MIA airport to our hotel (he arrives at airport 5:30 on a Friday evening) versus taking an Uber.  He will only have a carry-on bag & small back pack.

Can anyone recommend "yes" or "heck no"?   If "yes" can someone give me a clue as to what he public transit he would take from airport?  

Thank you so much!!//Maria

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you Google searched for the light rail system, which is very good. Have taken it to Brickell, Little Havana and a couple of other places, but not that specific area.

Would his final stop be "Brickell"?   (have never done public transportation in Miami - always used Uber or Taxi).  Thank you!

Mar' B' Bay is NO WHERE NEAR Brickell . . . .

will it be FASTER than an UBER?  I doubt it but for a single young and strong it is certainly doable. I'll guess he's thinking of avoiding Miami highways on a Fri' evening rush hour but public transportation will be full too ..... but ....

I'd leave the airport via Metrorail (1) and travel downtown to a transfer station to MetroMover (2) then take this to the Arsht Center Station which leaves him about a block away .... <needs to be careful about getting on the RIGHT train . .  .>

image.png

image.thumb.png.c045b79765fd18a8901c641aada172eb.png

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

The MetroMover transfer station (Willkie federal building) is about a block from the rail station for the airport train. It's an easy walk. 

As noted above, several trains serve the Willkie station, his should say Museum / Arsht Center,  I believe.

The Arsht Center is the start point for free loop buses to the Wynnwood Arts district, and the Little Haiti area.