Bistro Sur La Mer (Majestic Princess) not showing up in app

CineGraphic

Pam and I were just futzing around with the app again. (It still doesn't recognize that my credit card is on file after countless attempts)

While looking at specialty dining options, we noticed that Sur La Mer is no longer listed when trying to make reservations.

The only option the app is giving us is Harmony and Crown Grill. This is for the entire cruise.

Our sailing is November 6th-13. Is this the case for other sailings as well?

Have they given up on Sur La Mer already, or is this just another app quirk.

I recently emailed Princess and stated that if they do not have teams working on fixing this app 24/7, then they are not doing enough.

• Like 1

Interesting. I canceled my Bistro Sur La Mer reservation yesterday fory upcoming Majestic cruise because I needed to add a person and there was no way to do that in the app (I also tried chat on the website).

Now that I am trying to rebook, it no longer shows as an option. I hope it's an app quirk that gets resolved. I was looking forward to trying all 3 specialty restaurants on this cruise.

1 hour ago, CapeAliso said:

Also, I am not able to book a table for 6 at the Crown Grill. I tried different days and times and always get "party split across 2 tables". Do they not have tables for 6? Will this be two tables close together?

I'm sure we saw a party of six at Crown Grill on Majestic 2 nights ago. Perhaps it was 2 tables pushed together? I'm sure you can call the Dine line when you board and confirm that you'll all be together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CapeAliso said:

Do they not have tables for 6? Will this be two tables close together?

The best bet is to book the reservation and then speak to someone at the Crown once on board.

If there is a 6 top available, they will do their best to accommodate you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Pam and I were just futzing around with the app again. (It still doesn't recognize that my credit card is on file after countless attempts)

While looking at specialty dining options, we noticed that Sur La Mer is no longer listed when trying to make reservations.

The only option the app is giving us is Harmony and Crown Grill. This is for the entire cruise.

Our sailing is November 6th-13. Is this the case for other sailings as well?

Have they given up on Sur La Mer already, or is this just another app quirk.

I recently emailed Princess and stated that if they do not have teams working on fixing this app 24/7, then they are not doing enough.

They definitely have not given up on Bistro Sur La Mer - we ate there for our anniversary dinner on the 22nd. The app really is terrible, especially for Android. I can confirm that the sample menu on this link is the actual restaurant menu though, if that's any help https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/bistro-sur-la-mer-menu.pdf

1 minute ago, trey420 said:

Le mer is closed for 3 days.  I had it booked for tonight.  They called and rebooked me for juno evening that's when it will be open.  She said technical issues have it closed. 

Let me know if you end up dining there or not...my guess is that it's closed for more than 3 days. Maybe they are limiting dining choices because they are short staffed.

Just now, Ginnyfyr said:

They definitely have not given up on Bistro Sur La Mer - we ate there for our anniversary dinner on the 22nd.

But according to someone currently on board, it's closed "for 3 days" due to "technical issues".

I think it will be longer than that, but I'll be thrilled if I'm wrong.

Just now, CineGraphic said:

But according to someone currently on board, it's closed "for 3 days" due to "technical issues".

I think it will be longer than that, but I'll be thrilled if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking it being closed for a few days must be the reason why you can't see the menu in the app, which is silly, but that's Princess for you! I hope you get to go - it was a lovely meal and the venue is really nice. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I'm thinking it being closed for a few days must be the reason why you can't see the menu in the app,

Seeing the menu is not the problem, it's the ability to make reservations.

The venue is not listed at all when trying to book specialty dining for our entire cruise.

It was there at one point, but now it's gone. Not just on my app, but other's as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I'm sure we saw a party of six at Crown Grill on Majestic 2 nights ago. Perhaps it was 2 tables pushed together? I'm sure you can call the Dine line when you board and confirm that you'll all be together.

The splitting in MC App DMW is nuts.  Who wants to booking dining with a small to medium group and be split?  Whether in MDR or SD.  I would just book your SD night after boarding the ship.  Best to do it on embarkation day.  They accommodate large groups if not already filled - but usually no problem booking early.  Although there is sharing tables in MDR, it's not a thing in the SD's.

• Thanks 1

Same here. I'm on a quick 4-night cruise to/from Los Angeles in late December. This is my first Princess cruise and was excited to try Bistro Sur La Mer, but only Crown Grill and Harmony show for reservations. 

Thought maybe it's because it's a short cruise that not all restaurants would be running. I've read about the wine makers dinner and that's something I'd love, but not sure where to find that info.

3 minutes ago, tlc1972 said:

I've read about the wine makers dinner and that's something I'd love, but not sure where to find that info.

You USED TO find some generic marketing info on WM Dinner on Princess.com.  Seems to be hidden now, but you can Google it and find some info, including cruiser experiences.

I would call either Passenger Services or Dine Line on boarding to get added to a list of interested guests.  Then, I would speak to your Head Waiter at dinner and express interest - or directly to the MD if you spot him heading to dinner. 

You have to be on a Royal Class ship for this.  On a longer voyage, they might host a special dinner for multiple guests.  Again, speak to the MD on those ships about that - but generally for longer voyages.

Our prepaid reservations at Bistro Sur La Mer also disappeared and now it is no longer an option for the entire October cruise.  I have emailed the OM team and will see what they say.  In my email, I also included the suggestion that these prepaid reservations show up in the Travel Summary ( like the use to when made via Personalizer).  Will report back on reply if I hear anything. 

• Like 4

Hi, 

I am booked on the October 30, 2021 cruise on the Majestic Princess. I made dinner reservations and prepaid for each of the three specialty restaurants. As discussed above, my reservation for Bistro Sur La Mer has disappeared. Also, this no longer is available as a dining option for my cruise. I enjoyed this restaurant aboard the Sky Princess. I wonder if this is an issue with the app or this restaurant is no longer available. If it is no longer available, we should be receiving a refund of the dining charge that we prepaid.

Chuck

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I am booked on the October 30, 2021 cruise on the Majestic Princess. I made dinner reservations and prepaid for each of the three specialty restaurants. As discussed above, my reservation for Bistro Sur La Mer has disappeared. Also, this no longer is available as a dining option for my cruise. I enjoyed this restaurant aboard the Sky Princess. I wonder if this is an issue with the app or this restaurant is no longer available. If it is no longer available, we should be receiving a refund of the dining charge that we prepaid.

Chuck

I don't understand it either as one or two people reported it closed for three days this past week.  I don't see why it needed to be removed for all future voyages.

36 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Chuck

I am going to call Princess today since I got someone else's Medallion for our upcoming cruise and I'll ask about Bistro Sur Le Mer just to see if they happen to know. 

2 hours ago, CapeAliso said:

I am going to call Princess today since I got someone else's Medallion for our upcoming cruise and I'll ask about Bistro Sur Le Mer just to see if they happen to know. 

Hi,

If you find something out about Bistro Sur Le Mer, could you please let us know?

Thanks,

Chuck

6 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

If you find something out about Bistro Sur Le Mer, could you please let us know?

Thanks,

Chuck

2 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

@CapeAliso were you able to find out anything more about Sur Le Mer when you called Princess? 

I called but the representative said that they couldn't view my specialty restaurant reservations, so I didn't even ask. They couldn't help me with my medallion problem either. I'll need to call the medallion department Monday. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

Thanks for posting the response. This is strange because my reservations for Harmony and Crown Grill still are visible. Only my reservation for Bistro Sur Le Mer is missing. They obviously are having trouble with the dining reservation system.

Chuck

• Like 1