Cruise planner refunds

colesc15

Hi all, 

Curious if anyone has run into the situation.. A month back or so, I canceled my internet package and rebooked due to a cheaper price and the refund went to my credit card within about 2 days. 

Fast forward and early last week, I canceled the drink package and rebooked. The refund was going to the same credit card, but it still hasn't shown up. Normally I'd think it's just taking time since their website says 7-10 days, but it's strange that one refund happened within 2 days and another it's over a week and still nothing. Should I be calling or just keep waiting? 

Just now, colesc15 said:

Hi all, 

Curious if anyone has run into the situation.. A month back or so, I canceled my internet package and rebooked due to a cheaper price and the refund went to my credit card within about 2 days. 

Fast forward and early last week, I canceled the drink package and rebooked. The refund was going to the same credit card, but it still hasn't shown up. Normally I'd think it's just taking time since their website says 7-10 days, but it's strange that one refund happened within 2 days and another it's over a week and still nothing. Should I be calling or just keep waiting? 

If it has only been a week I'd wait.  I've had anywhere from 5 to 15 days.  Consider yourself lucky with the 2 days, that isn't common at all. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I cancelled Chops Grille two days ago because it was slightly cheaper, but mostly because I wanted to use my Amex card instead.  Then, when I tried to rebook it with Amex, I kept getting an error message that I could not add it to the cart.  I had a different problem yesterday (I added prepaid gratuities to the same cruise that is past final payment, then the computer would not accept the payment, leaving me with a cruise with an unpaid balance after final payment date, so subject to cancellation).  At one point during the 90 minutes I spent on the phone with Resolutions, the rep said it had been straightened out but had a negative balance of $101 that they were “fixing”.  It didn’t occur to me until this morning that the $101 is the refund due for the cancelled Chops purchase.  I wonder what I will have to go through to get that $101, and how long I should wait to ask about it.  I am thinking about waiting until after the cruise next month to make sure it doesn’t get messed up yet again.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Just thought I'd provide an update to refund timing.  4 days from cancellation to being posted to my American Express. 🙂

You would think the card being used makes no difference..but for some reason my AMEX seems always to be a bit quicker than my Cap One.