Guaranteed Cabins

rjrpar

23 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

We did not!

Was your experience pre or post Covid?  I was thinking in the post Covid world of fewer passengers that there is less chance of being assigned an obstructed view.

Thanks

1 hour ago, rjrpar said:

If one lets RCCL choose a balcony cabin, do you always (or usually) get an obstructed view?

There is always a chance. Also if you are booking an Oasis class ship you can also be assigned an interior facing neighborhood balcony room with no ocean view.

if booking guaranteed rooms, you are rolling the dice and need to be ok with what ever they will give you for the savings you get.

2 hours ago, rjrpar said:

If one lets RCCL choose a balcony cabin, do you always (or usually) get an obstructed view?

Some of this depends on the ship and category - on Q class, an XB GTY has a pretty good chance of being assigned something on deck 6 with obstructions.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some of this depends on the ship and category - on Q class, an XB GTY has a pretty good chance of being assigned something on deck 6 with obstructions.

Thanks, we will be on the Anthem

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

In current climate there's likely less chance of getting a 2E balcony (obstructed deck 6), but pre COVID, there was good chance of that.

I agree,  they claim to assign best available and I would think many balcony cabins are available with sailing well below capacity

Thanks

21 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

We were assigned a forward 4b spacious ocean view balcony for our Freedom sailing in two weeks. Not something I would have picked myself but not awful. 

I have three royal ups in so fingers crossed! 

When did you get your cabin assigned? We are 18 days out from our sailing on serenade and I’m not so patiently waiting lol 

1 minute ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

When did you get your cabin assigned? We are 18 days out from our sailing on serenade and I’m not so patiently waiting lol 

So interestingly enough there is a trick on the electronic boarding pass. My cabin was assigned about 4 days after I booked the GTY during the WOW sail this summer. I found out by looking at the barcode. The last 4 digits was the room number. Royal officially assigned the room to me on 10/2, so 2 weeks before sailing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

So interestingly enough there is a trick on the electronic boarding pass. My cabin was assigned about 4 days after I booked the GTY during the WOW sail this summer. I found out by looking at the barcode. The last 4 digits was the room number. Royal officially assigned the room to me on 10/2, so 2 weeks before sailing. 

Hmm mine when I scanned it still has the end as GTY so maybe they really haven’t assigned it yet. 

5 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

Mine looks like this and I was assigned 7524

7F133A25-75EE-4410-B707-4BCEBE1FC236.jpeg

Where do you go to find the bar code?  Is it on the cruise planner?  Do you need to use the app on your phone?  The app doesn't seem to work for me because our ship (Explorer) is not listed as supported.