Quick question regarding cabin on Marina

chumley

Hi,

We are new to traveling on Oceania and wanted to ask if a cabin in between the elevators would be noisy. Specifically I'm looking at cabin 8052 on the Marina.  I also have the option of cabin 8044 and that's next to the stairs. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Leslie

I have stayed directly across from the elevators on the Riviera, the sister ship, and heard nothing. It was a GTY cabin and when I saw where it was I thought OK, noise. Not a peep. It was nice getting off and seeing your cabin to know which side to go towards as that can be confusing sometimes. You should be fine. Julia

• Like 1

I do not have experience with this specific cabin, but we were in cabin 10083 on Marina in November 2019, which is similarly located to an elevator - take a look at floor plans for comparison. We were concerned about anticipated elevator noise. But I am happy to report that we heard no noise from the elevator. We were moved mid cruise to cabin 9065 and there was TONS of noise from the staff activities in the hallway. And for some reason neighboring guests, on both sides, seemed to take great joy in slamming doors... but that's another matter. 

1 hour ago, clairol said:

We were moved mid cruise to cabin 9065 and there was TONS of noise from the staff activities in the hallway.

This--we were in 9041, which is just down the hall and there was a lot of crew noise early in the morning. Although the deck plan doesn't show it there is a crew work room along the starboard side of this hallway.  This area is located close to the lounge, which quite a few people utilize early in the day. It is also in the vicinity of the hallway to the laundry. SO, you're going to have a lot more traffic and activity in this area than other locations. As we're early risers it didn't really impact our enjoyment, but if you like sleeping in I would avoid this area. 

As far as the original topic, we've been in rooms fairly close to the stairs/elevators on Oceania ships and never really experienced much noise issues. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, chumley said:

Thank you all for your replies! I really appreciate it.

Thank you for posting the question as we will be in 9102 on the Riviera and also concerned about the noise!  Appears from the answers we should be fine.

Edited by Nol2929

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2021 at 8:56 AM, clairol said:

I do not have experience with this specific cabin, but we were in cabin 10083 on Marina in November 2019, which is similarly located to an elevator - take a look at floor plans for comparison. We were concerned about anticipated elevator noise. But I am happy to report that we heard no noise from the elevator. We were moved mid cruise to cabin 9065 and there was TONS of noise from the staff activities in the hallway. And for some reason neighboring guests, on both sides, seemed to take great joy in slamming doors... but that's another matter. 

I've just booked 10083 on Marina. Why did you move? Was there something wrong with it?

15 cruises ago we moved from Holland America to Oceania because of the elevator noise. Stayed with Oceania for many, many reasons. But not only won't you hear elevator noise, but while standing near them you may miss that they have arrived if you're not looking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1