Can't finish Web Checkin

jbobst

Our cruise is 10 days away and I am trying to finish all the web check-in, but it's erroring out on the Credit Card registration field.  And, if I bypass the credit card registration section, and go to the "Travel Documents" section, it says:  "You haven't filled all the necessary information for the passenger of the cruise, the documents will be ready as soon as you provide al the data needed".  (And yes, it is a misspelling of "all" 🙂 )   But it's not telling me what information is missing, unless they are talking about the credit card registrations (but that is supposedly optional - even though I would like to register one).

Their website has been really tough to navigate and often has issues.  Very strange a major cruise line has such a bad website.   Any ideas on how to get this complete or am I doing something wrong?

I just checked my web check in and I didn’t enter my credit card info yet but it’s showing that my web check in is complete. 

When I did my web check in I was having an issue and realized that I hadn’t selected the “1” before my phone number. 

Comb over each thing, it could be something as simple as what happened to me. 
But you definitely don’t have to put your CC in.
You can take care of that on board at their automated machines anytime during the first couple of days of your cruise. 

Take a look at this thread "Looking for my documents to print are they only in email?  Some one put out the instruction how to do it. 

As Styles27 stated and we did not see a section required to put in your Credit Card (unless it has changed since we registered).

We are on Oct sailing already got our document/boarding pass/luggage tags/health question for a few days now.

Show us the screen where you got a problem with and may be somebody would be able help with the solution.  Are you cruising from USA or Europe (it might be in a different system).

Good luck.

• Like 1

Something is really wrong with MSC's website and call center support staff.  The webpage is absolutely maddening.  Slow, not intuitive, unresponsive, and not helpful what so ever.  I called their land side support and the person was also useless saying I needed to reboot my computer?!  My ipad, phone, computer, wife's computer and adult children's computer all have the same struggles.  I even went to the "contact us" section of their webpage to send them a complaint message about it and the web form wouldn't not work!  Ah, the irony.   Well, rant over 🙂 

I think I have all my documents, it's just that the web check-in a) didn't allow us to put in our credit card information (I know it's optional, but I'd like to get it over with rather than go to guest services on the ship and deal with it there) and b) the website continues to tell me I haven't provided all the necessary information yet on the check in form (even though I seemingly have)?

image.thumb.png.f7d5a688752a22eba0c57ed5a3d7a9bb.png

Edited by jbobst

Entering credit card information doesn’t work at the moment..

I checked in and got the same message.. reviewed all information.. uploaded pics.. and had the docs send to my eMail..

printed all pages today.. including luggage tags & boarding passes..

All good for next weeks cruise..

( MSC USA website. Meraviglia. Port of Miami )

8 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Entering credit card information doesn’t work at the moment..

I checked in and got the same message.. reviewed all information.. uploaded pics.. and had the docs send to my eMail..

printed all pages today.. including luggage tags & boarding passes..

All good for next weeks cruise..

( MSC USA website. Meraviglia. Port of Miami )

What test are you doing?  I just saw a report that Ellum rapid tests are being recalled due to false positives.  Do you know who uses those?

Edited by KennyFla

1 hour ago, jbobst said:

Something is really wrong with MSC's website and call center support staff.  The webpage is absolutely maddening.  Slow, not intuitive, unresponsive, and not helpful what so ever.  I called their land side support and the person was also useless saying I needed to reboot my computer?!  My ipad, phone, computer, wife's computer and adult children's computer all have the same struggles.  I even went to the "contact us" section of their webpage to send them a complaint message about it and the web form wouldn't not work!  Ah, the irony.   Well, rant over 🙂 

I think I have all my documents, it's just that the web check-in a) didn't allow us to put in our credit card information (I know it's optional, but I'd like to get it over with rather than go to guest services on the ship and deal with it there) and b) the website continues to tell me I haven't provided all the necessary information yet on the check in form (even though I seemingly have)?

image.thumb.png.f7d5a688752a22eba0c57ed5a3d7a9bb.png

Once on board just ask where the machine is to enter your credit card info. No need to go to guest services to take care of it. 

MSC definitely has a lot of work to do on their site it is a lesson in frustration for sure. 
Hope you have a good cruise!

16 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

What test are you doing?  I just saw a report that Ellum rapid tests are being recalled due to false positives.  Do you know who uses those?

It is an at home test that doesn’t require a prescription so I assume it wasn’t one that MSC accepted?  Sounds like there isn’t any tele health guidance for this test either. 

This is interesting. They claim it’s the only at home antigen test clinically proven to be used with or without symptoms. 
So what about the Binax tests so many of us purchased because MSC accepts them?

5B71D4AB-116C-473D-AF84-517D0DEF9B1F.png

Edited by styles27
Add photo

17 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

My wife and I are getting tested on a regular basis in our Lab. We only perform RT-PCR tests.. no Antigen tests. Regular Covid-19 PCR with same day turnaround time and Covid-19 PCR STAT test with 30 minutes turnaround time (STAT test includes Covid-19 and Influenza A/B).

We don’t offer Rapid Antigen tests due to inaccuracies (false negative results).

15 hours ago, SirWolf said:

My wife and I are getting tested on a regular basis in our Lab. We only perform RT-PCR tests.. no Antigen tests. Regular Covid-19 PCR with same day turnaround time and Covid-19 PCR STAT test with 30 minutes turnaround time (STAT test includes Covid-19 and Influenza A/B).

We don’t offer Rapid Antigen tests due to inaccuracies (false negative results).

We have the home monitored test and I am going to set up appointments at Walgreens for the IDNow test as well in case we get a false positive.

Edited by KennyFla

15 hours ago, styles27 said:

It is an at home test that doesn’t require a prescription so I assume it wasn’t one that MSC accepted?  Sounds like there isn’t any tele health guidance for this test either. 

This is interesting. They claim it’s the only at home antigen test clinically proven to be used with or without symptoms. 
So what about the Binax tests so many of us purchased because MSC accepts them?

5B71D4AB-116C-473D-AF84-517D0DEF9B1F.png

See response above.