Cancelling a Princess cruise with CFAR - after final deposit

voljeep

REGAL Thanksgiving cruise - so about 45 days from now. Is there any advantage to cancel now versus waiting to see if Princess will cancel this cruise ?

It's a little 5 day RT Fort Lauderdale with Cozumel and Costa Maya.  Cruise fare paid with FCC from previously cancelled cruise(s).  I will be cancelling this cruise if Princess doesn't and I can use a medical reason if necessary.  Any thoughts / questions ?

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

If Princess cancels it you will get the amount you paid for insurance refunded.  That would be the only difference at this point that I can see.

I was also thinking about if Princess did a price match for a future cruise - and there is a 5 day Thanksgiving cruise next year on the CB, which doesn't have the Premium Deluxe Balcony category that we currently have booked on the REGAL

If you cancel, keep an eye on your FCC balance.

We cancelled a cruise that used all of our FCCs. Our new balance is missing $935 from the "Goodwill" FCCs from one of our accounts.

I've emailed with a request for an accounting twice. The first response I got was an explanation for how to find the FCCs on Princess.com. Not exactly what I asked for.

Sent the 2nd request (including screen shots from our accounts before & after). No response yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1