Quiet place on Breakaway

twonpcb

We have been avid RCI cruisers for years.  My favorite spot on any RCI ship to get away from it all with my book and not have to deal with the crowds during the day is to venture all the way up to the Viking Crown Lounge.  During the day there is practically nobody there for most of the time.  I can sit up there and people watch or read my book in pretty much seclusion.

We have been given an opportunity to sail on NCL’s Breakaway in January.  For those of you familiar with this type of ship, can you give me any tips on finding my daytime out of the way places to seek?

Does this place need to be indoors?  Deck 8 has the Waterfront, which is outside.

How quiet does it need to be?  Inside, there is probably seating on deck 7 around the opening down to the Atrium.  On deck 6, port side just forward of the Atrium is the "Library", but that wouldn't be conducive to "people watching".  In the Atrium is a section off to the port side that has some comfortable seating, might be conducive to reading AND people watching.

Look for these spaces on ship tours posted on YouTube...

I should add that I haven't been on the Breakaway specifically, but the Bliss is a little larger version, with an additional space the BA doesn't have.  The areas I mentioned, based on the deck plans, seem to be similar though...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, twonpcb said:

We have been avid RCI cruisers for years.  My favorite spot on any RCI ship to get away from it all with my book and not have to deal with the crowds during the day is to venture all the way up to the Viking Crown Lounge.  During the day there is practically nobody there for most of the time.  I can sit up there and people watch or read my book in pretty much seclusion. We have been given an opportunity to sail on NCL’s Breakaway in January.  For those of you familiar with this type of ship, can you give me any tips on finding my daytime out of the way places to seek?

The Waterfront would be the first place. Lots of big, comfy sofas and chairs along the boardwalk. There are also tables for the outdoor dining rooms which are unoccupied during the day. If you position yourself near a bar, but not right next to it, you have quick and easy access to a drink while reading, watching people, and enjoying the sea.

The Shakers bar (Deck 8 ) is inside. Not very big. Kinda like Schooners with seating open to walk. A similar bar is Maltings (Deck 8 ). Both bars are sometimes scheduled for a lecture on health and fitness. Spice H20 is an adults only sun deck at the back of the ship (Deck 16). And the buffet has some covered outside seating.  

For those who want some quite privacy, the Thermal Suite has lots of comfy loungers, hot stone loungers, steam rooms, salt bath, saunas, and a very large hydro therapy pool with hot bubbling water. Depending on the itinerary and ship, it's about $200/week for access to the Thermal Suite. That's where we hang out.

image.png.ee69421bfd8ba0e5f1de35b85b62973d.png

image.png.a8c4b4d6eb1ab98b4ee8320644c8df55.png

image.png.09827395fb78e01fea9853c647307dee.png

Hi!  I would recommend Shaker's Cocktail Bar.  When we took our granchildren on a cuise, my granddaughter had homework because school was still open.  I would take her to the far left back corner high back booth to do it. It has a low table, is very quiet, a window to view the people walking on the Waterfront and you can watch people walking by the Atrium on their way to and from the shops.

BREAKAWAY.BAR.SHAKER'S COCKTAIL

On deck 17 next to the Vibe entrance there is a public sundeck space that was hardly ever used on my two Breakaway cruises. There's even a bar right there. 

For inside spaces, the Library on deck 6 was almost always empty. 

• Like 4