Requests for items in our cabin

Hi, all - 

I had sent email (from the RCI site form) to request that a note be added to our reservation in March on Oasis - for an extension cord and a bottle of distilled water for my husband's CPAP machine.  I had no reply for a week - so I called this morning.  They said no request for these had been added to the reservation, but that they'd add it.  They put me on hold briefly - and came back to tell me it was added as a note on our reservation for the cabin steward.   

Have others found that you have to call for requests like these - vs using RCI's email form?   I expected to hear back in a couple days - but thought we'd hear before a week passed.  There's usually a hold/wait when you call - so emails would be so much easier!  

1 minute ago, AustinCruise said:

Thanks @brillohead

i also submitted the special needs form and did not get a reply for the next cruise. 

You're welcome.  CPAP units are so common these days that those items are just always stocked on board. 

For more obscure items, I'd definitely follow up and get lots of verifications, etc., but for basic items like CPAP supplies, there's nothing to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I filled out the special needs form for distilled water, extension cord, & sharps container.  I didn't hear back so sent an email to customer service.  They responded saying it would be waiting for me.  

I sent that email to special needs.  It was taken care of.  It doesn't appear the special needs form helps.  I have heard of too many people who had to contact them directly by phone or email for these requests to be handled. 

I send in requests for an extension cord, a medical fridge, and sharps container through the special needs form. I have always received an email back saying my request has been received. Whether that translates to the requests being in the cabin or not when we get there is hit or miss.

However, the cabin steward has always had the items in the cabin shortly after we asked.  Our first CL suite, the cabin steward showed us we don't need an extension cord for my cpap because there are little known about plugs behind the bed.  So no biggie on that one.

The medical fridge made me nervous the first time it wasn't in the cabin because that one is crucial. The coolers in the room cannot be trusted for meds and my meds can only be at over 40 degrees for a few hours.  But it has never been an issue.

I don't call to verify anymore because it is so easy to get the stuff when you are in your cabin if it is not there when you arrive.

Love that I don't need distilled water any more with my airmini cpap!

Edited by cured
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SummerBeee said:

@curedwill check into the airmini cpap. I find that I don’t always need water for a short trip in humidity - so I leave that part behind. Have quite a few b2b booked for next year and it would be nice to have something smaller

The airmini has a little cartridge that provides some humidity. But I am with you. I used to turn off my humidity when I travel in humid places when I would lug the big one around.  This one is so easy to pop into my carry on or even my purse. One of my best purchases ever.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moonltnite said:

Hi, all - 

I had sent email (from the RCI site form) to request that a note be added to our reservation in March on Oasis - for an extension cord and a bottle of distilled water for my husband's CPAP machine.  I had no reply for a week - so I called this morning.  They said no request for these had been added to the reservation, but that they'd add it.  They put me on hold briefly - and came back to tell me it was added as a note on our reservation for the cabin steward.   

Have others found that you have to call for requests like these - vs using RCI's email form?   I expected to hear back in a couple days - but thought we'd hear before a week passed.  There's usually a hold/wait when you call - so emails would be so much easier!  

You should have use the Special Needs form https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/guest-special-needs

That being said, we travel with 2 CPAPs and have never, ever had the requested extension cords or water in our stateroom. We just leave a note for our room steward and it magically shows up. 

I have sent an email to special_needs@rccl.com and my sharps container has been in my room. Sometimes I get a confirmation email, sometimes I don't... It has always been there for me when I have asked

My BiL needs the distilled water and extension cord, he didn't know to email it or fill out the form, but he asked his room attendant and it wasn't an issue 

10 hours ago, moonltnite said:

Hi, all - 

I had sent email (from the RCI site form) to request that a note be added to our reservation in March on Oasis - for an extension cord...

FYI, on Oasis class there is an outlet at the head of the bed, so no need to run an extension across the stateroom. At least in the balconies we've had. Wish all ships were like that. 

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

Also, those are basic items these days -- even without a special request in advance, you can just mention it to your cabin attendant on the first day and they'll take care of it.

that is exactly what happened with us. I had requested a sharps container and fridge. Neither was in our cabin when we arrived. Mentioned it to our cabin steward. Both items were in our cabin early in the evening

• Like 1