Adventure OTS 3 Nov 2021 cancelled (post dry-dock)

43 minutes ago, texasparalegal said:

I just looked at CruiseMapper and Adventure appears out of the docks and on the water heading, according to the site, to Falmouth.

Both the destination and date/time need updating in the ship's AIS system, since pretty sure both are wrong.

Biker, who expects the next step in the process is for Adventure to show up on CDC's ship listing.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Both the destination and date/time need updating in the ship's AIS system, since pretty sure both are wrong.

Biker, who expects the next step in the process is for Adventure to show up on CDC's ship listing.

I thought so too, since I didn't think they were going to make it from France to Falmouth by 8 AM tomorrow morning. But what do I know?

Okay I thought her “test cruises” were done but I remember she was sailing out of Nassau.  And you’re right, she’s not on the CDC list yet.

I just want to know if we are sailing or not.  Period.  Since most people on Adventure in November are not on these boards they aren’t even guessing it’s not on.  Unfortunately we know too much and are concerned our vacation will AGAIN be canceled. Sorry but this causes me anxiety as our back up plan would require airfare and we are now 3 weeks out.  Vacation shouldn’t cause stress right?  

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Okay I thought her “test cruises” were done but I remember she was sailing out of Nassau.  And you’re right, she’s not on the CDC list yet.

I just want to know if we are sailing or not.  Period.  Since most people on Adventure in November are not on these boards they aren’t even guessing it’s not on.  Unfortunately we know too much and are concerned our vacation will AGAIN be canceled. Sorry but this causes me anxiety as our back up plan would require airfare and we are now 3 weeks out.  Vacation shouldn’t cause stress right?  

We are scheduled to sail on AOS out of Galveston on November 17th.  I met with my TA yesterday, and she called RCCL, who assured her that the Nov. 17 sailing has not been cancelled.  I also received an email from RCCL informing me that due to COVID protocols, our departure from Galveston would be delayed by two hours, as well as our arrival in Puerto Costa Maya on Nov. 19th.  My TA also said she was still able to accept bookings for the Nov.12th sailing.  Hope this helps . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

We received a text message (not an email or phone call) that our Oct. 29 cruise on Adventure OTS  out of Galveston was canceled.  When we called about options, RC did say the cruise was canceled and it became obvious that all our travel partners could not agree on the options for other ships and dates.  After waiting for a "Supervisor" on the phone for more than 1 hour for other possible options,  I asked for a full refund.  The agent said it would take 30 days.   We checked on the refund at the end October and they again said it would be refunded but it took 30 to 45 days.   On Nov. 3, we all received Future Cruise Credit emails, not refunds.  When I called RC about those emails, they said I canceled the cruise and didn't qualify for the refund.    The supervisor said they didn't show the cruise as being cancelled by RC.   Holy Cow.  But she finally relented and agreed to process full refunds for everybody (of course, that's what they said before).   And again we have to wait an additional 30 days.   While we don't go on 20 cruises per year, we do try to go on at least one cruise per year and it was usually RC -- not any more.   RC's  customer service is really, really bad!!!   RC lost me as a future customer unless Richard Fain sends me a personal apology letter (fat chance of that).

Edited by Paul0313
more info

On 10/18/2021 at 8:01 AM, live2cruise2011 said:

Yes they did but we took advantage of the lift and shift and for the same money end up b2b on Los for 14 days.  So keep in mind everyone that your lift and shift can be any sailing regardless of days they cover the difference from what you paid to the new cruise 

I find this statement confusing? That is not the same deal they gave the people on the cancelled Hawaii cruise for Ovation? I am on a different ship for the same time period and had to pay the difference. I also went from an obstructed balcony to an interior cabin...

On 10/15/2021 at 12:00 AM, Oveta said:

Also on 11/12 sailing.  How can you find out when she leaves France?  

The Adventure is nearing the end of her Atlantic crossing and appears to be making a stop in Miami on November 4th (probably to refuel and for supplies).  You can track her on any of the ship tracker apps.

I would say there’s a good chance the November 8th sailing will happen since she can get to Galveston in a couple days. 
Hope so for everyone booked on that sailing. 

2 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

I find this statement confusing? That is not the same deal they gave the people on the cancelled Hawaii cruise for Ovation? I am on a different ship for the same time period and had to pay the difference. I also went from an obstructed balcony to an interior cabin...

I’m sorry you didn’t get the same deal but I will board liberty on Sunday for 2 weeks and went from an inside to an ov for no extra oop then what I paid for our cruises on Adventure I am happy for those that didn’t cancel that they still get their trip

1 hour ago, live2cruise2011 said:

I’m sorry you didn’t get the same deal but I will board liberty on Sunday for 2 weeks and went from an inside to an ov for no extra oop then what I paid for our cruises on Adventure I am happy for those that didn’t cancel that they still get their trip

I am happy for you as well! Just trying to understand why we were only given a couple of choices for cruises, none of which worked for me? I had to stand firm on moving to a cruise that did work time wise. What they really wanted was for us to take a straight refund. No 125% FCC. No Lift & Shift. It seemed like being penalized compared to other offers I have heard. But congrats to you! Have a fabulous 2 weeks!