Using cruise next certificate

misstamster

3 minutes ago, misstamster said:

Booked Norweigan Gem for Feb. 2022 today...Eastern Carribean...apparently only able to use one cruise next...anyone else experience this!!!

That is the default terms for the certs unless there is a promotion running. 

That being said, they have been offering double certs for a couple of years. Call again and ask. Tell them it is supposed to be two certs. 

Just now, BirdTravels said:

That is the default terms for the certs unless there is a promotion running. 

That being said, they have been offering double certs for a couple of years. Call again and ask. Tell them it is supposed to be two certs. 

I've tried....multiple times.  They tell me wha I said in the post above.

• Like 1

On Breakaway 9/26 the Cruise Next team highlighted the double up but only on balcony or above booked 6 months in advance.

Unfortunately the couple up on any cabin at any time booked is not a current promo. I asked them if it would be coming back and they had no idea.

In my experience it has popped up over the last couple of years but particularly in the recent past.  Now it's just the default 1 voucher per sailing unless you meet the current double up requirements.  

Hope it does change as I purchased 4!

My $0.02:

The NCL website has a glitch. It allows you to add 2 certificates on the payment screen even if you book O stateroom, but then it applies just one, shows a weird error and claims that you own $250.

When I booked my upcoming cruise I misunderstood that 2 certificates can be applied to any 2021 sailing regardless of the cabin I choose and got the above problem. 

4 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Currently it's one per cruise....unless a balcony at least six months in advance or a 2021 balcony.

O.K. That is the catch. We booked a minisuite about 7 months out a couple of weeks ago and they allowed us to use 2 certificates. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lixogab said:

My $0.02:

The NCL website has a glitch. It allows you to add 2 certificates on the payment screen even if you book O stateroom, but then it applies just one, shows a weird error and claims that you own $250.

When I booked my upcoming cruise I misunderstood that 2 certificates can be applied to any 2021 sailing regardless of the cabin I choose and got the above problem. 

Well spent 2¢!  Make the ¢ sign by holding down the ALT key while typing in 155 on the numeric keypad.🙂

Rookie question. I have two cruise next certificates waiting. I know they say they count as a full deposit. But what if the deposit amount is less than the certificate is worth. Will the remaining balance be counted towards the final payment or will I just lose that part?

...NOTE: I have posted NCL USA info!!! 

Here is the NCL link: https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext   

(You will need to scroll down to find the *Terms and Conditions)

Having stated all of the above, the FULL "VALUE" (example paid $250, Value = $500) of your Certificate

becomes you deposit, thus leaving you with a lower balance due.

(If you have more than one certificate, you might want to check into the "Double-Up" Terms and Conditions to verify IF they apply to your booking.)

9 hours ago, Shiraus82 said:

Rookie question. I have two cruise next certificates waiting. I know they say they count as a full deposit. But what if the deposit amount is less than the certificate is worth. Will the remaining balance be counted towards the final payment or will I just lose that part?

You won’t lose anything.  They will just credit the full amount of the CNDs that you apply against the total cost of your cruise.

• Like 1