Pre-Paid Gratuities Refund on Paid-in-full cruise?

Sue Goodreds

I have 2 cruises booked.  One in November with $100 OBC and one in January with $700 OBC.  I pre-paid gratuities on both - and then thought I could have used OBC for that charge had I not already paid both cruises in full, including gratuities.  My question ... How could I remove pre-paid gratuities from the second cruise and receive a refund or credit?  Or ... if I do remove the pre-paid gratuities, will they just put that towards more OBC for that cruise?  Basically, I would like to use the money from the pre-paid gratuities from the one cruise for the other cruise.

2 minutes ago, mondello said:

How would they know if you didn't request it?

You can cancel them on the website.  They are supposed to automatically refund them if you do that.  I was checking on something else when she noticed that the refund had not been processed, so she pushed it through.

2 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

You can cancel them on the website.  They are supposed to automatically refund them if you do that.  I was checking on something else when she noticed that the refund had not been processed, so she pushed it through.

Great. I just wasn't sure when you posted you shouldn't of had to.. didn't understand how they would know what you wanted.

Edited by mondello
Correction

On 10/15/2021 at 8:35 AM, Schoifmom said:

I removed my pre-paid grats and received a refund.  I had to request it (although I shouldn't have had to).

Thank you.  I broke down and I'm on hold now with Carnival to see if they will remove the grats so I can apply that money as a credit for my other cruise.  Hold has only been 10 minutes so far - hopefully they don't keep me on here for an hour or two or ...

17 minutes ago, Sue Goodreds said:

Thank you.  I broke down and I'm on hold now with Carnival to see if they will remove the grats so I can apply that money as a credit for my other cruise.  Hold has only been 10 minutes so far - hopefully they don't keep me on here for an hour or two or ...

I was on hold with Carnival for 2 hours recently! Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, Sue Goodreds said:

Above was my call to Carnival 10 days ago.  My first call turned into 42 minutes on hold waiting for anyone to talk to - and then the call was disconnected.  I called back - and the same thing happened.  I did manage to talk to a gentleman on my third call and he said he would do as I requested.  It's now 10 days later and the funds are still sitting on one booking and have not been transferred to the other.  UGH.  I just sent an email to Icare@carnival.com ... will see if I receive a response.  I really do not want to spend another 3 hours on the phone and have nothing come of it.

I was finally able to talk to someone again after my 2nd phone call to Carnival.  The initial person was honest and said they couldn't do anything but could connect me with the Resolution Department.  After another 10 minute (ONLY 10 minutes!) hold, Eloy said hello.  He was very helpful and was able to make the changes I wanted and I could see it completed on the website prior to him bidding me a good night.  Eloy .... You are a STAR in my world!

14 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I prepay just about everything, even well over a year in advance.  I'm an extremely rational and logical person who thinks it very illogical to do so but the goblins in my head won't let me rest otherwise.

LOL   I am very much the same .... but ... I have to let the goblins run crazy for these 2 cruises because of so much OBC.