Koningsdam MDR times

figmentdj

First time on HAL (Nov 14). I've reading some trip reviews and noticed the daily activities brochure mention MDR times as 5:30 to 9:00. Are there no traditional dining times? We're used to a Traditional late seating around 8:15 or so found on other lines. Do we have to make a reservation daily or once onboard for the week? With a MD or on the app. Any knowledge and advice is appreciated.

When you booked, you had the choice of Early Fixed, Late Fixed or Anytime Dining. It is noted on your confirmation. The 5:30-9 indicates when MDR is open for Anytime Dining.

If you have Anytime Dining, you can reserve the MDR times you want using the Website - I assume you could do so using the Navigator as well. The MDR times are available for reservations as soon as Specialty Dining reservations are available. I made them on 8/18 for our 10/20 cruise and on 10/8 for our 2/20 cruise. You can also wait until you are onboard to make reservations. Keep in mind that many tables will be taken by those with Early and Late Fixed Dining, so if you want a specific time, it's best to book as soon as possible.

32 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

When you booked, you had the choice of Early Fixed, Late Fixed or Anytime Dining. It is noted on your confirmation. The 5:30-9 indicates when MDR is open for Anytime Dining.

If you have Anytime Dining, you can reserve the MDR times you want using the Website - I assume you could do so using the Navigator as well. The MDR times are available for reservations as soon as Specialty Dining reservations are available. I made them on 8/18 for our 10/20 cruise and on 10/8 for our 2/20 cruise. You can also wait until you are onboard to make reservations. Keep in mind that many tables will be taken by those with Early and Late Fixed Dining, so if you want a specific time, it's best to book as soon as possible.

Thanks for the reply, however our confirmation statement only says "Confirmed Main, request table for 2" with no mention of fixed, early or late or times. Suggestions?

7 minutes ago, figmentdj said:

Thanks for the reply, however our confirmation statement only says "Confirmed Main, request table for 2" with no mention of fixed, early or late or times. Suggestions?

Confirmed main means you are confirmed for 8:00 pm (Main), which is fixed dining, and you have requested a table for 2. You will get your table number when you board. You can check out the location for your table then. Many request a certain table number in advance. 

11 minutes ago, figmentdj said:

I believe Main is the second seating at 8 p.m.  I'm confirmed for the Main, my table size is listed as "on request."

50 minutes ago, figmentdj said:

Ahh, so Main means "fixed 8:00 pm". If it were early I suppose it would say "early". Just inquiring, what is the time usually for early?

I have used "Early Dining" in all of my previous cruises since I retire earlier than most passengers.  Times have varied from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM.  Unless someone on the same ship in previous cruises for the current season/location posts the Early Dining time here on CC, you won't know until you check-in.    On my last Caribbean cruise in 2019, Early Dining was at 5:00 PM but Club Orange let me choose a later time.

7 hours ago, figmentdj said:

Ahh, so Main means "fixed 8:00 pm". If it were early I suppose it would say "early". Just inquiring, what is the time usually for early?

We've found this brochure/information booklet to be very helpful. It addresses many questions you might have regarding HAL's policies, etc., including details about dining (traditional/fixed, Anytime).

HAL Know Before You Go_2020.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1