Saint Greg's Panorama - LIVE - October 23-30 2021

Saint Greg

20 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This hasn’t been there. I guess they waited to make sure they won first. It’s wrinkled because it’s been in their suitcase all week.

50075453-B3A7-426D-B527-FB984DB31571.jpeg

I suppose this will be us on our Christmas cruise with my husband looking to brag about his beloved world champion Buccaneers, especially if they are still in the running for a repeat with that one miraculous Dorian Gray of a ball thrower guy they picked up a couple of years ago. 

18 hours ago, jmklade said:

The re-runs are still available on paramount.  Have seen quite a few lately. 😃

Thank you and yes, we have about 800 cable channels and have seen it. Occasionally I tune in but the unbelievably vapid and silly storylines are not quite the same to my old jaded 55 year old soul as they were back in my preteen days of the 1970's. 

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There are a few stories.

Thank god for the platinum/diamond line because nobody was in it but 22 were in the peasant line likely looking to remove gratuities. 

I take umbrage to this comment. The fact of being a peasant, or of being in the peasant line, does not necessarily correlate to gratuity removal and the assumption of said is disappointing.  Quite often those peasants have been in hospitality themselves and would never remove a gratuity. I have also often seen and experienced when superior, hoity toity and/or rich people are the cheapest of all and the least generous to people who work ten times harder than they ever have a day in their lives.

Okay, I don't really take umbrage, but how often do you get to use a word like that?  And I suppose at the end of the cruise that is a reason many people head down that way.

• Like 6

Safe travels, Greg, this morning back to the "home port" and thank you for the ride.  Thank you for crossing paths with other illustrious CC board personalities and sharing the moments.  Thanks for the pics, the boozes, the foodzes, the tips, the ups, the downs, and the winds on the "private balcony."  Thanks for replacing the wet, dark chilly images outside my windows with sunshine and Punchliner shows and inadequate sports bars. Somehow the circle seems unbroken between voyages when you continue traveling along, week to week, with friends. 

• Like 2

I laid down was not going to get back up. I slept 8 hours. I got up 5:30ish. Showered, shaved,

brushed what’s left of my teef, and got dressed.

from The aft ship cam I could see a wake so it didn’t look like we had arrived yet. I stepped out to the secret deck.

EEFE86DD-40BD-4860-A012-C68C226051BF.jpeg

18806CF3-026A-41C0-AD3B-DCEDF77E45C4.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

I take umbrage to this comment. The fact of being a peasant, or of being in the peasant line, does not necessarily correlate to gratuity removal and the assumption of said is disappointing.  Quite often those peasants have been in hospitality themselves and would never remove a gratuity. I have also often seen and experienced when superior, hoity toity and/or rich people are the cheapest of all and the least generous to people who work ten times harder than they ever have a day in their lives.

Okay, I don't really take umbrage, but how often do you get to use a word like that?  And I suppose at the end of the cruise that is a reason many people head down that way.

Yeah I wasn’t correlating the two. I was in that line less than two years ago.

4 minutes ago, debbyfelse1963 said:

hey Greg thankyou for your review it was awesome. we board today. i forgot where is the secret deck and is the rear pool better than the main. was serenity ever busy. sorry lots of questions. have safe trip home

all the way forward on decks 6, 7, 9, 10. 7 is what I was on. 9 would be the best because it’s above the bridge and has those wings on the side.

I was only up there a couple times. Bar was never busy when I was there. There were probably always loungers and whatnot to be had.

Debarkation mornings seem so rude.  The "we are so happy to have you" positive vibe turns to "get off my lawn" really quickly LOL

Safe travels, Greg.  Thanks for sharing your cruise this week.  I enjoyed the trip.I feel like I have waited forever to get back on board myself, but finally have mine in sight and you've been great about letting us live vicariously through your adventures.  Can't wait for your next adventure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5