Oasis OTS Cruise in November New to RCI anything I should know

codeyell0

My last cruise I missed out on some things because I didn't realize I had to ask for them. But if you don't know what you have to ask for how can I ask?
They had room service but you had to ask for a order form to place on your door, for breakfast.  I did finally ask, but it was one of those I just figured due to covid things. So now I'm curious if anything I should know before hand. I'm new to cruising with my family.

Last cruise the water park was closed all the time for cleaning or sanitizing they said due to CDC. The pool didn't do this
Do the waterpark or flow rider close often for this? Is it by reservation?

Do they have a wearable or is it a card key system only.

My son has a nut allergy last cruise they had almost no deserts without nuts or said yes it had because they might not have known. He started to get mad. LOL

Anything I should know or advise. 

Call Royal with your reservation number and let them know of your son's nut allergy, They will make sure they have a tailored menu for him to avoid the allergy. They take it very seriously.

The use to have WoW bands on the Oasis, but I'm not sure if they have it now, Post COVID. They use to be 4.95 for the band. You can get them from Guest Services if they still offer them.

From what I have seen, the flow riders and water park has been available. A good tip is to have a day bag packed for embarkation day with your swimsuit in it, or just wear it to the ship. The lines for the waterslides will be very short on that day.

There are reservations for private lessons on the flowrider at a cost, but it's not necessary unless you want extended time and some good tips and pointers.

Morning room service is included (continental only), but other times there is a fee of 7.95

Look at your cruise planner. Think about a dining package if you want to try out multiple specialty restaurants. You will save money.

Try to go to somewhere else other than the buffet for lunch when you get on the ship to avoid the chaos and lines. The Cafe in Central Park is very chill and has great salads and sandwiches.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, binro01 said:

Try to go to somewhere else other than the buffet for lunch when you get on the ship to avoid the chaos and lines. The Cafe in Central Park is very chill and has great salads and sandwiches.

true. We were unable to get into Windjammer (buffet) at all during lunch on the Allure (even though we enjoyed it on a smaller class RCI ships). Not even once. Allure is very similar to Oasis in terms of crowds. The lines were unbelievable. We did discover that on the Allure the Solarium bistro has a smaller buffet (also free) during breakfast and lunch without any lines, and went there all the time. We also loved the Central Park cafe. The kid also loved pizza at Sorrento. 

I am not sure if the Solarium bistro is open on Oasis to unvaxxed kids. Seems that some venues are for vaxxed people only.

@codeyell0, also check if Johnny Rockets has free breakfast on Oasis. I hear it's great and we plan on trying it this time on Harmony.

8 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I am not sure if the Solarium bistro is open on Oasis to unvaxxed kids. Seems that some venues are for vaxxed people only.

@codeyell0, also check if Johnny Rockets has free breakfast on Oasis. I hear it's great and we plan on trying it this time on Harmony.

Oasis DOES have complimentary breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

The Solarium Bistro is for vaccinated passengers only, now.  Unknown if/when that will change.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 12:02 AM, binro01 said:

Morning room service is included (continental only), but other times there is a fee of 7.95

I was on Oasis last week and all room service breakfast before 11am was complimentary. The room service paperwork still listed the 7.95 fee for hot breakfast items, but the Cruise Compass noted no fee before 11am. I ordered hot breakfast several mornings to enjoy on my balcony and there was no charge 🙂

• Like 1