Muster Drill Protocol

zelker

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

Years ago, on another thread, doubtless for another cruise line, someone experienced said that what passengers most need to take away from the safety drill is to “Show up, Shut up, and Listen up.” Having muscle memory of where your muster station or your actual lifeboat station is will only be a starting point at best.  If that section of the ship is on fire or underwater, the crew will obviously be guiding you to somewhere else.

Not cruise related, I have a friend who is airline cabin crew, she tells me that they allways enjoy not noticing the calls of passengers who didn't pay attention during the safety briefing. 

Conversely if you pay attention and read the card in the seat pocket you are well on the way to getting priority service

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

LOL....definitely. At the one drill we attended - the crewman in charge was like a drill sergeant - told people constantly to stop talking and actually threatened to confiscate phones if he saw people using them. I was loving it - would have been happy to see the guy take someone's phone and toss it over the side.

Now there is a crew member I would have welcomed working on my ship.😁

• Haha 2

I know we will never take for granted the muster drill after our Viking Sky situation.  I think too many people thought it was like a mini party!  Even on our recent river cruise, it was amazing the amount of people that did not pay attention!   JohnEB

• Like 3

On 10/29/2021 at 7:11 PM, johneb2 said:

Even on our recent river cruise, it was amazing the amount of people that did not pay attention! 

John....I agree completely. As I may have mentioned either in this or another muster drill-related thread, I could barely hold my tongue when people were goofing off during the drill when we did the October cruise following the Sky incident. I will have to restrain myself on future voyages as well.