Onboard bookings

Missymo

Hi everyone, I was on the 9/25 Edge and decided to do an onboard booking.  This week I was looking online to mock my booking and saw that the suite I booked was almost $500 less, (same discounts and extras ), plus now looking at my own Booking,  I never received my $250 obc for actually booking onboard.   Called Celebrity this am ( only waited around 10 minutes.)  Explained it all to a very nice operator, she looked it up and  about 10 minutes later,,  received it all., discount on price and my extra $250obc  Has this happened to others?. Thank you Celebrity. 

• Like 2

I tell you what. I always insist on being sent out otherwise provided a guest copy invoice, and I don't get off the phone or up from the desk until I've reviewed it and made sure it's the deal I agreed to. 

Great news...good perseverance! Hope you got an adjusted/edited invoice to print out. In the past, we have occasionally found better rates after booking on RCCL, called and got adjustments.  I check the cruise line's web site frequently for "specials".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I check all invoices, booking confirmations and travel documents from Celebrity, because they are mostly incorrect.

I was on the Apex in September. Shortly before leaving, I found a cruise on Celebrity's website that I wanted to book on board. To my amazement, the price on board was 450 € higher than on the Internet. Even with the onboard credit of $ 200 the price was higher. So went to my stateroom and booked the cruise on Celebrity’s website and saved nearly 300 €.

At that time Celebrity didn’t offer cruises for summer 2023. That's why I took two option bookings (book later). Three weeks ago, trips for the summer of 2023 were offered. So I got in touch with Celebrity. The prices they offered to me were again much higher than those mentioned on the Internet. For one cruise they wanted 500 € more! In addition, the onboard credit was reduced from $200 to $100.

I objected and was able to reach an agreement with Celebrity. But the whole thing is annoying. As a loyal customer, you feel pulled over the table. Are onboard bookings are still worthwhile at all, especially since the perks have been drastically reduced and the loyalty program is no longer what it used to be?

We booked onboard the Equinox in August for a future cruise not available when we were onboard. The booking and credits were immediately transferred to my TA. We booked our 2023 Apex Cruise two weeks ago in  Sky Suite for the $200 deposit and $300 OBC. We only use our TA to book any cruise line.