Unlimited Dining Package clarification??

pacey50

Does the unlimited dining package mean I could have 2 meals at 2 different specialty restaurants in the same night?

How does the credit work at the ala cart restaurants with unlimited dining packages?  For Playmaker's can you use the $20 credit each time you visit or is it a one time thing?

thanks for your time in advance.

25 minutes ago, pacey50 said:

Does the unlimited dining package mean I could have 2 meals at 2 different specialty restaurants in the same night?

How does the credit work at the ala cart restaurants with unlimited dining packages?  For Playmaker's can you use the $20 credit each time you visit or is it a one time thing?

Each time

24 minutes ago, pacey50 said:

You can eat as much as you want - you can certainly go to multiple specialty restaurants or even order take out.  For A La Cart, if you are getting close to the credit, close out the tab and begin anew.  It truly is unlimited.

I believe the á la carte limit is $35 per package, and that actually goes a long way (drinks aren't included).

As said, though, you can roan around the ship, eating as much or as often as you like, as long as there is availability. We've had different courses in different venues. 

3 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I believe the á la carte limit is $35 per package, and that actually goes a long way (drinks aren't included).

As said, though, you can roan around the ship, eating as much or as often as you like, as long as there is availability. We've had different courses in different venues. 

Izumi is $35, but Playmakers is $20 (if it's on your ship).

• Thanks 1

Yes.

For example on our recent Freedom trip.

-went to playmakers for appetizers for lunch

-went to JR for lunch

-went to Izumi's for appetizer sushi before dinner

-went to Izumi Teppenyaki for dinner ($10 upcharge)

-After dinner went back to playmakers for desert

So if you can eat, you will make good use of UDP.

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pacey50 said:

Thanks for all the responses.  So I take it that any restaurant that charges $$$ is included like Fish and Ships?

Fish and ships was included on Indy, but had to be sure to ask to not be charged. Wasn’t auto-magic.

Edited by AustinCruise

2 hours ago, Kmermaid said:

Can you get takeout?  I would love to get takeout at Hooked since DH doesn't go near seafood.

Yes, We took Izumi Sushi as takeout, we would go outdoors and enjoy our sushi and cocktails.!

May I ask a newbie question? Can you just walk into the specialty restaurants and order something small, or do you always need a reservation? Assuming we had UDP. Also, are Playmakers and JR open during the day if it's not a sea day?

19 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Not a great idea, unless you want to gain weight!  I already gained Covid weight!  Don't need any more!

10 hours ago, Shiraus82 said:

May I ask a newbie question? Can you just walk into the specialty restaurants and order something small, or do you always need a reservation? Assuming we had UDP. Also, are Playmakers and JR open during the day if it's not a sea day?

Yes, you are much better off making a reservation, but it never hurts to ask if you decide last minute.  When we do UDP (which is pretty much every RCCL cruise these days), we go ahead and make reservations for every night once on board.  Those plans often change, but we at least have something.

Also, prepare to be flexible.  Since you can't make reservations prior to boarding, you may have to choose an earlier or later dining time at the more popular venues.  We actually prefer dining earlier, so that's never been much of an issue for us.