Upgrade room?

landsear

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I was changed at the port at check in. My boarding pass still showed the cabin we booked. She said oh your cabin has been changed. I got a little slip of paper with the new cabin number. No one could tell me what kind of cabin I'd been changed to. Luckily it was a nicer cabin so no complaints. This was oct 25 on breeze. 

Lol checking does no good sometimes. Even my new cabin steward didnt know who I was. Didnt have me listed.

29 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Wow I am not sure I would love that at first... I am the type to obsess over my cabin selection. I research as much as I can to increase my chances of having a great cruise....

I'm glad it worked out and you ended up with a better cabin. That's a nice surprise. Problem is, I don't like surprises when I am traveling. lol

That happens when the originally booked stateroom is removed from service at the last minute

28 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Wow I am not sure I would love that at first... I am the type to obsess over my cabin selection. I research as much as I can to increase my chances of having a great cruise....

I'm glad it worked out and you ended up with a better cabin. That's a nice surprise. Problem is, I don't like surprises when I am traveling. lol

What could I have done idk. My TA even moved me at least once to the exact cabin I wanted to book. So much for planning. The whole wing I was booked in was closed off and I talked to another lady who was in a balcony on another deck who was moved. I heard we had 600 less pax than the previous cruise. I was moved to a cabin with 2 bathrooms and 4 closets. 

She was also so so, but might have gotten a suite she wasnt sure what it was. I saw a lot of us who got moved ... from various locations. Not just one deck, many decks got moved.

16 minutes ago, new_cruiser_75 said:

Just checked again, we are 15 days out, and they are offering an even better deal!  Instead of an extra $360 to upgrade from a coveted 4J to a balcony, its now $180... Gonna have to call and see if we get to keep the OBC from the original booking promotion if we upgrade 😎

Yes it does. I got the email to upgrade from an interior to balcony for $150 in a couple weeks. We snapped it up! All the on board credit stayed the same. FYI tho-all of our purchases like cheers and on board credit we’d prepurchased disappeared from the reservation after I accepted the offer but reappeared a few hours later. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, heidiatmn1 said:

Yes it does. I got the email to upgrade from an interior to balcony for $150 in a couple weeks. We snapped it up! All the on board credit stayed the same. FYI tho-all of our purchases like cheers and on board credit we’d prepurchased disappeared from the reservation after I accepted the offer but reappeared a few hours later. 

Good to know 😄 Took a closer look at the room they're offering and it's right over a night club 😕 have an email into a PVP hoping they can help us find a better location.  If so we are upgrading! 😎 (Getting us to move from an awesome 4J... gotta make it worth it 😉 )

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, new_cruiser_75 said:

Just checked again, we are 15 days out, and they are offering an even better deal!  Instead of an extra $360 to upgrade from a coveted 4J to a balcony, its now $180... Gonna have to call and see if we get to keep the OBC from the original booking promotion if we upgrade 😎

Let me know what you find out.  When I called earlier this week, they said I would lose my $200 OBC if I changed room categories

16 minutes ago, new_cruiser_75 said:

Good to know 😄 Took a closer look at the room they're offering and it's right over a night club 😕 have an email into a PVP hoping they can help us find a better location.  If so we are upgrading! 😎 (Getting us to move from an awesome 4J... gotta make it worth it 😉 )

In my link there was a “suggested” room to start but when I actually clicked into it it allowed me to choose the room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, heidiatmn1 said:

In my link there was a “suggested” room to start but when I actually clicked into it it allowed me to choose the room. 

Yeah, I was worried about playing with it, but found that I could even change decks and areas of the ship without worry.  Waiting to see if we can get an email inquiry returned with answers from a PVP before calling - I prefer to have things in writing and don't want to lose our OBC changing from a great room to a greater?? room... 

1 hour ago, heidiatmn1 said:

posted my reply twice and I can't delete it... move on 😉 

Edited by new_cruiser_75
posted twice

Update: Found mention of a specific PVP on here in a different thread.  Emailed them asking about the upgrade offer and keeping our OBC.  They called me back, confirmed that we DO get to keep the $200 OBC and upgraded us to a balcony on deck 7 😄  Super excited about the cruise, the awesome room & location, and having a great new PVP 😎

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 6:59 PM, firefly333 said:

Just  price out what they cost daily and see if prices drop. Its supply and demand. You know what you paid and what the price is. Subtract them and you know how much the upgrade costs. 

Lol or get moved. I got moved first leg of breeze to a better cabin as did a lot of others. I think they turned the wing where I was booked into a isolation wing, but staff wasnt telling. A lot of us got moved. I got moved to a ov with 2 bathrooms and a bathtub. 

Where I was booked had this sign. We didnt know we were moved until we showed our boarding pass which still said same cabin we booked. No prior warning, just moved at boarding time.

20211029_104839.jpg

This is most likely a Covid isolation hall.

Got an upgrade offer on my planner for our cruise Saturday but it is on the room/confirmation that I have my daughter and friend in who are both under 18 LOL.  It is a good deal but gonna call and see if they can move us both.  Fingers crossed!!!

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 7:32 PM, Suncoastsailors said:

This is most likely a Covid isolation hall.

No one knows or I would have said lol. I asked like 5 crew. I was told maintenance, another said they were replacing something in the ceiling. A food delivery person came out I asked and she said she took the wrong stairs there was no one in any of cabins. As i mentioned we had about 600 fewer pax than the previous cruise so maybe they just wanted to combine us. 

I was there and was unable to get a for sure answer. Maybe the answer about the air filtration system in the ceiling was true. All i could verify was it was empty and no one was staying in any cabin in that wing. .. and deck 4 also got moved somewhat. Not just us. 

Yes upgrades (or upsells, whatever you call them) are still happening. I got an email offer yesterday to go from a deck 1 ocean view to a deck 8 balcony for $100. Snatched it up without hesitation. I cruise in just over 2 weeks.

• Like 2

I had a similar situation, hurriedly booked a balcony room not paying attention that it was an obstructed view.  The price was too good to be true!  I checked the next day and prices had nearly tripled the rate I paid.  I called to see if I could pay for an upgrade but instead of paying the original price difference of balcony rooms (something like $25/day) I need to pay the entire difference of the CURRENT rate ($125/day difference).  I'm happy to pay, but for that price i'll stare at some dingy knowing I got a smoking deal on the room itself lol!

• Like 1

Yes, we got a call from the upgrade fairy yesterday. We are cruising on the Breeze for Thanksgiving. We had a balcony and we were offered a Grand Suite for an extra $198/each. Its just my wife and I so it was almost $400 total for a grand suite. We thought about getting the grand suite when we booked but it was going to be an extra $2,000 so when we got a call to do it for $400, we jumped on it. 

• Like 1