Eurofins COVID testing (Norwegian or other cruse lines)

PomPoot

Did you take a PCR test during a European NCL cruise to go home? If so:

Was it conducted by Eurofins?

What was the documentation you received to present to authorities? A piece of paper? A QR code?

MOST IMPORTANTLY: What country did it say the test was taken in?

If issued a QR code, was it EU covid passport compliant?

Results from test on the Getaway, (start/stop in Italy).  You will get a printed copy onboard, plus you can access your results in your Eurofins (Trust One) app. You use the same Eurofin QR code as used for embarkation, no QR code with your results.  No country code that I can see - results are in English and Italian.

image.png.3aba0fa6c01d605c69ea95b56d2bad6b.png

• Like 1

Julig22, You are wonderful for sharing this. I am going to do my best to confirm, but you may very well have saved me a LOT of money in rebooking my flight home after a cruise (Hungarian authorities will only accept test results from certain countries, and they made clear they'd not accept the Bahamas, the flag Epic flies under). This document shows the test was conducted in Italy. The Italian Doctor and his facility is indicated on the test. I believe this should be enough. Thanks again!

Note to others: I would appreciate seeing more examples like this and getting more comments!

50 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Results from test on the Getaway, (start/stop in Italy).  You will get a printed copy onboard, plus you can access your results in your Eurofins (Trust One) app. You use the same Eurofin QR code as used for embarkation, no QR code with your results.  No country code that I can see - results are in English and Italian.

image.png.3aba0fa6c01d605c69ea95b56d2bad6b.png

One question: It boldly states "antigen" test and doesn't say "PCR" or "molecular" anywhere. Was it a PCR test?

29 minutes ago, PomPoot said:

One question: It boldly states "antigen" test and doesn't say "PCR" or "molecular" anywhere. Was it a PCR test?

Antigen.  I didn't keep the info sheet but as I recall, if you need PCR it was available but you have to request it - and I think there might be an additional fee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Antigen.  I didn't keep the info sheet but as I recall, if you need PCR it was available but you have to request it - and I think there might be an additional fee.

I am terribly grateful to you. Thanks!

11 hours ago, PomPoot said:

Note to others: I would appreciate seeing more examples like this and getting more comments!

Here’s my eurofins result from Celebrity Apex in Greece if it helps. 

17BFB3C0-8A2C-4981-95DE-68A67261AFA2.jpeg

Edited by aero777
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PomPoot said:

Eurofins will run whatever test you need. For folks from the US, an antigen test was good enough for re-entry. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:28 AM, julig22 said:

I forgot to ask: were you able to schedule the test on certain days or did they specify when you had to? I have a very tight window when I need to be tested in order to meet requirements--really, one specific  day. Do you sense I'll be able to do that? Did they ask you what kind of test you needed, antigen or PCR?

43 minutes ago, PomPoot said:

I forgot to ask: were you able to schedule the test on certain days or did they specify when you had to? I have a very tight window when I need to be tested in order to meet requirements--really, one specific  day. Do you sense I'll be able to do that? Did they ask you what kind of test you needed, antigen or PCR?

The standard antigen test was given 2 days prior to the end of the cruise (Saturday evening/disenbark Monday morning).  I know that when we went for testing, they asked each person where they were going, so not sure if you had to make prior arrangements if you needed the PCR test - but they will give you testing info a day or 2 in advance.

I did find this in the current Cruise FAQs (which are always subject to change):

Yes, COVID-19 antigen or PCR tests prior to disembarkation will be administered on board and paid for by the Cruise Line for those guests who require a test to return home. If a PCR test is required for any travel home, the cruise line will administer and pay for a PCR test, only for those guests whose home country specifically requires a PCR test. The PCR test onboard for cruises from Europe will be administered by Eurofins. The PCR test for US based sailings will be administered by Norwegian Cruise Line's medical staff.

If a guest has any other travel plans after disembarking the ship, other than returning to their home country, the guest can still request a PCR test onboard, at a fee of $150 per person.

If a guest booked a post-cruise hotel for more than three nights, it is the responsibility of the guest to make their own arrangements to get re-tested at their own expense.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/will-ncl-offer-testing-onboard-meet-travel-requirements-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1