Pre Cruise Specialty Dining question

Nymich

So much has changed just thought I would check in here on this one.  My question is for example Pinnacle Pre Cruise is listed as $46 pp.   Is that the price onboard as well?  I guess I am looking for some of the recent Alaska cruisers to let me know what the deal was in these current times.  Thanks

Yes, it's the same price on board as it is if you book it ahead of time.  The only disadvantage about waiting to book on the ship is that a lot of the time slots for popular restaurants (like Pinnacle Grill) can book up so you may be stuck only with dates and times that aren't desirable to you.  We prebooked Pinnacle for our last cruise in August but booked Tamarind on board and there were limited times available for that some days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roxybear135 said:

Yes, it's the same price on board as it is if you book it ahead of time.  The only disadvantage about waiting to book on the ship is that a lot of the time slots for popular restaurants (like Pinnacle Grill) can book up so you may be stuck only with dates and times that aren't desirable to you.  We prebooked Pinnacle for our last cruise in August but booked Tamarind on board and there were limited times available for that some days.

Thanks for answering my question.  I appreciate it since you recently cruised and I know it is up to date info.  In this case nothing changed but I am glad you verified that.

• Like 1

No problem.  One thing to add - not sure what ship you're sailing on but we're booked on the Koningsdam at the end of the year and it said Sel de Mer is $49 plus 18% gratuity but when we went to book it, it came up as $47.20 total (including gratuity).  Not sure if they changed the price or if it's cheaper to book ahead of time but I would click on "reserve" in the app/on the website for the restaurants you're interested in and see if any of them happen to be cheaper by booking ahead of time.  Also, I highly recommend Tamarind.  Best meal of our trip and the most amazing service!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roxybear135 said:

... we're booked on the Koningsdam at the end of the year and it said Sel de Mer is $49 plus 18% gratuity but when we went to book it, it came up as $47.20 total (including gratuity).  Not sure if they changed the price or if it's cheaper to book ahead of time... .

Are you a three star Mariner? If you are, is it possible your discount was applied? 
When I do the math, it doesn't come to $47.20 (close, though), but the discount does make sense, if you get one and if it was applied. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RuthC said:

Are you a three star Mariner? If you are, is it possible your discount was applied? 
When I do the math, it doesn't come to $47.20 (close, though), but the discount does make sense, if you get one and if it was applied. 

No I'm a 1 star (close to being 2 star).  I mentioned this on another thread and others got the same price, so I don't think it has anything to do with my HAL Mariner status.