Some tips for filling in the medallion app

Lizabu

I’ll set the scene…I am a technically challenged Gen X who is travelling with my even more technically challenged baby boomer in-laws. A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the medallion app on each of their phones and asked them to fill them in. They called me on Friday and said they didn’t know how to do it and they invited me over for breakfast the next day and asked me to help. After a beautiful breakfast spread we sat down and started filling out all of their information. It’s important to have your passport and the credit card you intend to use handy. And you will need to take a photo of yourself or have someone else take a photo of you, so here’s the opportunity to make sure that your hair and makeup looks the way you like it. You are also asked to provide an emergency contact and their phone number and email address.

Things I noticed were that when I made a selection for filling out a section, the page would say something like “data not available at this time, please try again later” but if I just waited for 30 seconds or so, the section would load. Also, when I was filling in the personal details and again the emergency contact, the save button was greyed out. And I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong. After closing it and opening it and starting over multiple times it finally dawned on me that where the international country code already had the +1 filled in in light grey, they still wanted me to click on it and type in the 1 and then select the +1 from the drop down. Such a simple little thing and then the save button appeared. I think this is the trick to remember…if the save button is greyed out it means there is a field somewhere what is not filled in. 

When scanning the passports I think it’s better to not be in front of a window because it might be too shiny. And take your photo with the window in front of you and not behind you so that your face can be seen well. 

I understand this may be beginner stuff for most people. I just thought sharing my experience could save someone a little bit of aggravation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

For those of us still slogging our way through the Medallion App every little bit of help is welcome.  As the saying goes, "knowledge is power".  What seems so simple and basic to many can unfortunately be overwhelming and incredibly frustrating others.  

• Like 2