Holiday Inn Port of Miami Questions

NanoGirl21

I am not sure exactly were to post this question, so I apologize in advance is this is the incorrect location.

We are staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami near Downtown the day before our first cruise. I am hoping someone can answer a few questions that I have.

We will arrive at MIA around 4PM. What is the fastest/best way to get from the airport to hotel? I never used Uber/Lyft or any transportation services before so I’m not sure how it works. What do I do? Is there a meeting sport at the airport for transportation? How do I know which vehicle is for me? This is overwhelming. Sorry.

Does Holiday Inn Port of Miami offer transportation/shuttle to the ships? If not, any recommendations on how to get there?

Is there any way to have a case of soda/pop delivered to the hotel so we can take it to the ship? I know there is a CVS and some other stores a few blocks away, but realistically walking there and back with 3 cases of soda with a bad knee isn’t possible. We will have dinner across the street at Bayside. Will the hotel accept and hold a delivery? I don’t think we will get a delivery in time if I order the day of checkout (aka our cruise day).

What exactly is served at the hotel for breakfast and how is it handled with the COVID situation? It was an additional $20 to add breakfast to our room, but I’m honestly not sure what I signed up for. I booked through Expedia.

Any tips/advice to make this first cruise experience go smoothly is greatly appreciated.

I am traveling with an impatient senior citizen with mobility issues (cane user), so the faster and easier things are is the better.

Taxi from MIA to your hotel will be about $30 on the meter.  UberX/Lyft will be closer to $20+tip - lots of You Tube videos on how to sign up, install the app, etc. With an impatient senior just grab the first cab in line and spend the extra $10.

Unless something has changed the hotel does not offer shuttles to either MIA or the port - you can use a taxi or Uber/Lyft, the ride will be quick and cheap as you can see the port from some rooms in your hotel.

There's a CVS  very close to your hotel - head there for sodas and any other last minute shopping needs.  Not sure about delivery options - I would call the hotel with your questions.

• Like 2

Please be aware that the Holiday Inn has filed bankrupcy and is for sale for redevelopement. After doing some research I found some really bad reviews and the pictures of the property are not good. 

I changed my reservation to the Hampton Inn Bricknell.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The last hotel I would stay in is the Holiday Inn, Miami port.  We stayed for 1 night prior to boarding our cruise ship.  After getting to our cabin on the ship I realized that my husband forgot his cane in the room.  I called the hotel and spoke to the manager and she had the cane in her office.  Her solving the problem was for me to call FedEx and have them pick it up and package and send to me.  I called FedEx and the price was $169.00.  This was way too much.  I got back to the manager of the hotel and asked for another kind of help - could she/would she put the cane in an Uber and deliver it to me on the ship.  We were getting ready to sail away.  She said NO she could not do that.  She also said she could not/would not have an employee do that.  I have decided to post this so that no one else could submit to the lack of service at this hotel.  Aside from the above problem nothing seemed to work in the room and no one at the front desk ever answered the phone.  Do yourself a favor and stay away from this hotel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We stayed there a few years ago and other than the location we were not impressed.  Our last two times sailing out of Miami we have stayed at both the Intercontinental and the YVE.  Much better experiences with both.