Do small magnets work on cabin walls on QV?

outlawuk

I bought a large World map today for my Queen Victoria cruise starting in January 2023. Does anyone categorically know if magnets will fix to the cabin walls. I’d like to be able to put the map and photos I get printed onto the cabin walls during the trip. I have seen a box of about 30 tiny but powerful magnets and they seem ideal for the purpose ??  Thanks

We always take a couple of extra strong pull magnets with hooks attached with us, not for attaching to things to the walls but the ceiling for more options to hang coats and long dresses etc. So I don't see any reason why not. They also help in fixing up temporary washing lines to dry stuff on the balcony that Jane doesn't want to go through the dryers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, outlawuk said:

Mmmm… I was being discreet! It’s actually the World Cruise so no flying involved and no baggage restrictions.

If   the cruise is mainly in warm tropical areas, and you are NOT in an inside cabin then don't put photos on the walls unless you don't care if they fade - strong UV in many parts of  the world can fade a photo in a few days. I never hand anything without putting it behind art quality low UV glass. Leave them in an envelope in a bag so they aren't destroyed 

Lissie, Thanks for the advice. Sadly I’m not made of money and will be inside! In fact we booked a deluxe inside midship for the 2022 cruise, but that was cancelled due to COVID and in the mass stampede to book the 2023 trip all that was available was an IF grade inside above the bow, but for same price. If we try to put up washing lines in that small space we will probably strangle ourselves. A shame really but it is what it is. The deluxe insides are really nice cabins.

We won a load of magnetic clips on Princess quizzes over the years.  They are marvellous for holding the daily programme and assorted papers. No problem takin them on fly cruises either. 

The surplus has been handed out to our cruise buddies on Cunard as they are so useful.

I use an over door hanger on the wardrobe door  for hanging long dresses before wearing or over the bathroom door for the steam effect.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:00 PM, outlawuk said:

Lissie, Thanks for the advice. Sadly I’m not made of money and will be inside! In fact we booked a deluxe inside midship for the 2022 cruise, but that was cancelled due to COVID and in the mass stampede to book the 2023 trip all that was available was an IF grade inside above the bow, but for same price. If we try to put up washing lines in that small space we will probably strangle ourselves. A shame really but it is what it is. The deluxe insides are really nice cabins.

We  booked delux inside for our upcoming cruises - we had one in  our previous cruise and found the cabin very spacious and a great location on deck 1. We could have got a free upgrade to balcony but the rooms were much smaller and I didn't really want to be in the middle of nowhere in the "hotel" floors! 

I use magnets on the walls and they work really well and have certainly done so in an inside cabin on QV. I also take post it notes and blutac in case there is an area of plastic I want to utilise. When my sister was on a world cruise with P&O I gave her a plastic blow up globe and they drew the journey on it as they travelled - somewhat spoiled by Covid arriving which changed their itinerary several times and kept them on board for 33 nights without getting off anywhere! Perhaps take some string and hang it from somewhere on the ceiling.

You can buy world maps with a scratch off surface then scratch off each place you visit as you go.

Inside cabins are great as calm escape places and you hardly spend a lot of time there as there are so many lovely places on board to choose to sit. Ours was a corner of the Commodore Club on deck 10 on sea days. You will find your favourite place fairly quickly. Hope it goes well for you.