OBC Among Multiple Cabins?

SDPilot

We have four cabins booked on an upcoming cruise. Three of the four have OBC, totaling $1900, while the third cabin has none. All four cabins are going to be settled, ultimately, by one payer using a single credit card. In this situation, is it possible to use the OBC to cover the combined expenses of all four rooms, or does each credit apply exclusively to charges posted from the specific cabin? Thanks!

Yeah, others have posted that all involved guests must go together and approve the change of OBC. This was in the case where the $600 rebooking OBC was split between 2 guests.

The third cabin which has zero OBC might not be able to have OBC switched from another cabin, will depend on how Guest Services handles the changes.

On my 7/31 Mardi Gras cruise I had 2 cabins. One was booked under my name (cabin 1) and another booked under my son's name (cabin 2). The cabins were linked and had my 1 credit card for both cabins to settle any charges. While on the ship, I went to guest services to move the OBC from cabin 2 to cabin 1 so that I could spend it on various things on the ship. Guest services said that was not allowed and that the OBC was tied to the room. Super annoyed, as 30 minutes prior I had already booked $800 worth of excursions on my card. Well, guest services was wrong. I do not know how (I assume it was because the cabins were linked to one credit card account) that the OBC for both cabins were in fact combined. The only thing charged to my son's account was the gratuities, but his OBC ($100 stockholder credit, $600 past cancelled cruise credit and $50 OBC that came with the booking) was included under credits when I logged into the hub app in my folio. Note, since I was the primary, I could also see everyone's breakdown of their folio for both rooms. Overall, it did not matter who made a charge, because the credits and charges were all combined for us. 

I cannot guarantee that this is what will happen to you as well. However, I suggest whoever is the main card holder to check their folio in the hub app while on board and see if the credits are applied to his/her account. It should say charges (anything they had charged so far while on board) and underneath that it should say credits with $xx amount. If it says $1,900 worth of credits, then you will be good to go.

• Thanks 1