Laundry benefit question

claranda

We’re Silver Seabourn Club members and usually take the bag of laundry benefit for both of us. However, I’m wondering if this is necessary as the terms and conditions seem a bit contradictory. In one place it says that Silver members only get one bag whatever the length of cruise, but elsewhere, this: ‘Complimentary Laundry: Complimentary bag of standard laundry and pressing. One bag per 7 days sailed, with an additional bag on the first day of the next week on board for sailings of 7+ days.’

So what is permitted on our ten day cruise in February? BTW, we become Golds two days into that cruise, but I assume that unlike eg Regent, we don't get that status until we cruise again….?

We were recently on the Odyssey for 14 days (which are really back to back 7 day cruises) and asked this exact question.  We were told that Silver/Gold only get one bag of laundry for the entire cruise.  Or course if both passengers (assuming two in the cabin) are silver/gold they could each request that option and then would have two bags.  Our next SB cruise is 27 days and I suppose we will still only get 1 bag.  It would be nice if SB would change that benefit to one bag per week but we are not holding our breath :).

Hank

If you both choose the benefit,  you get two bags per week.  We did that when this summer when we went on a 7-day cruise after two weeks of land travel.   Now that internet is included for everyone there is no need to choose that benefit.  Plus we had lots of OBC to cover anything else we wanted.

It would be interesting to see what benefits are added to replace the now included internet and other perks.  As of now there isn't a lot to select.

2 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We were recently on the Odyssey for 14 days (which are really back to back 7 day cruises) and asked this exact question.  We were told that Silver/Gold only get one bag of laundry for the entire cruise.  Or course if both passengers (assuming two in the cabin) are silver/gold they could each request that option and then would have two bags.  Our next SB cruise is 27 days and I suppose we will still only get 1 bag.  It would be nice if SB would change that benefit to one bag per week but we are not holding our breath :).

Hank

Hank,

I don't know about now, but in previous long cruises the benefit was one bag per week.  And we have used it a lot, we are gold with 4 days to get to platinum. The website does say per week.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, marazul said:

Hank,

I don't know about now, but in previous long cruises the benefit was one bag per week.  And we have used it a lot, we are gold with 4 days to get to platinum. The website does say per week.

I hope it works out that way.  But the Seabourn Square folks on the Odyseey told us one bag for the two week cruise (the other one of us had used the excursion discount option).  We did not test it by submitting a 2nd bag :).   But we will certainly give it a try when we do the 4 week cruise.  But when I go to my SB page (for the upcoming cruise) the usual Preference Check list pops up and the option says "One complementary bag of laundry."  On the other hand, the folks at SB Square are so darn friendly if I simply tell them that somebody told me, online, that it is one per week they might agree :).  Those folks do not know how to say NO.

Hank

I have just checked our booking for March on The Ovation and under Choose your Preferences it states-

Gold and Platinum ‘one complementary bag of laundry per week.’

Diamond ‘ one  complementary bag of laundry per week plus pressing’ 

Elite, quite rightly,get everything.

Silver is showing as ‘ one complementary bag of laundry’ so I suspect that’s just one bag per cruise.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cornet said:

I have just checked our booking for March on The Ovation and under Choose your Preferences it states-

Gold and Platinum ‘one complementary bag of laundry per week.’

Diamond ‘ one  complementary bag of laundry per week plus pressing’ 

Elite, quite rightly,get everything.

Silver is showing as ‘ one complementary bag of laundry’ so I suspect that’s just one bag per cruise.

Hope this helps.

Good catch.  Silver is one bag per cruise.  Gold and up is one bag per week. 

And all are per person if both choose the same benefit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marazul said:

Good catch.  Silver is one bag per cruise.  Gold and up is one bag per week. 

And all are per person if both choose the same benefit.

Awww shucks.  Will be Gold after the next cruise.

Hank

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

You said you would be on for 4 weeks.  Are these booked as B2B cruises?  If so you can change status in the second half.

Edited by marazul

5 minutes ago, marazul said:

You said you would be on for 24 days.  Are these booked as B2B cruises?  If so you can change status in the second half.

Its 27 days and it is a back to back (13 and 14).  But all under a single booking number.  Still a SB newbie so have no clue about SB stuff :).  Most other cruise lines do not make status changes in mid cruise if under a single booking.  The only exception we have encountered is that HAL does it but only if on a "Grand Cruise."  For what its worth all that status stuff means little to DW and myself....but we do take this laundry benefit very serious!  :).  So we are talking about potentially one more bag of laundry.  A good friend of mine who truly loves SB would say something like "if you can cruise on Seabourn you do not concern yourself with a bag of laundry!"   LOL

Hank

I stand corrected. The mark I saw after the laundry perk on the chart for silver I thought was an asterisk. It is not. So it IS gold and above where the asterisk appears on the laundry perk for a weekly bag per person. Have to laugh as we'll be gold for our Alaska cruise next July, but it's only a 7 night cruise. We need to book longer future cruises 😉

2 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Its 27 days and it is a back to back (13 and 14).  But all under a single booking number.  Still a SB newbie so have no clue about SB stuff :).  Most other cruise lines do not make status changes in mid cruise if under a single booking.  The only exception we have encountered is that HAL does it but only if on a "Grand Cruise."  For what its worth all that status stuff means little to DW and myself....but we do take this laundry benefit very serious!  :).

Hank

The only sign you will get of any status in SB will be in your laundry bag.  

Do check with the SB club and ask them to give you gold status on the second half.  And save the email to show it onboard.

Curious - which cruises are those?

1 minute ago, marazul said:

The only sign you will get of any status in SB will be in your laundry bag.  

Do check with the SB club and ask them to give you gold status on the second half.  And save the email to show it onboard.

Curious - which cruises are those?

You know what they say about curious?  ROFL.  We are booked on the Ovation repo cruise from Miami to Monte Carlo.  Trying to get back to Europe to do some independent travel...assuming we can deal with whatever COVID rules exist in the Spring.

Hank

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruisr said:

I am Gold and going on an 11 night cruise.  Do I get one bag of laundry in the first week and then a 2nd bag during the second week onboard which is actually a 4 day week so to speak.

Good question.  Don't know, but I would make the case that it is "every 7 days or part thereof."  😇

20 minutes ago, marazul said:

Good question.  Don't know, but I would make the case that it is "every 7 days or part thereof."  😇

You could test my "Theory of SB" when you are aboard that the Seabourn Square folks do not know how to say NO!    SB was our 16th cruise line (over decades) and without any doubt I have never seen staff work so hard to please customers.  Even at my ole age I am in awe of folks that work so hard to please and seem to enjoy doing it!

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

You could test my "Theory of SB" when you are aboard that the Seabourn Square folks do not know how to say NO!    SB was our 16th cruise line (over decades) and without any doubt I have never seen staff work so hard to please customers.  Even at my ole age I am in awe of folks that work so hard to please and seem to enjoy doing it!

Hank

A few posts ago I  told you that we had lucked onto SB for our first cruise 17 years ago and never saw any reason to try any others.  And that laundry bag is the clincher.  🤣

I see you are hooked now. We will be on the Ovation a few weeks after you are.  One of these days I will be able to treat you to caviar on board. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Us too, been following this thread knowing that, but hoping somehow it had changed. 😄 We will survive somehow! Gotta look at the asterisks on the benefit chart.....

14 hours ago, cruisr said:

I am Gold and going on an 11 night cruise.  Do I get one bag of laundry in the first week and then a 2nd bag during the second week onboard which is actually a 4 day week so to speak.

I can answer this question!  And unfortunately the answer is no.  We did a 11 day TA two years ago and just had the one bag as a benefit.  However, we now always both choose the laundry benefit and I get to go home with mostly clean clothes.  And is it my imagination or are the laundry bags bigger?  I always add up the 'retail' cost of what I've stuffed in the bag and one of the bags last trip (Greece/September) was almost $90.  But the stuffing into the bag is a great skill set!

• Like 2