5 cruise next certificates expiring in December

spanishguy1970

On 11/8/2021 at 7:47 PM, hallux said:

No extension - they're good for 4 years from purchase.

I have 2 that I bought in 2019 that are also good through 2023, but that was their original expiration.

Mine were extended.  When I originally bought them they were only good for 2 years, then at the beginning of Covid they extended them for 1 year, and then for a 2nd year

On our last NCL cruise, we purchased 4 cruise next certificates and booked two cruises (2 certificates applied to each cruise).  Both cruises were canceled by NCL.  NCL told us (not in writing) they will apply the cruise certificates for 18 months beyond expiration if we book an actual cruise.  In other words, they did not extend the expiration date on the certificates.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:11 AM, xfer said:

We aren't allowed to buy/sell CNCs here, but there is a buy sell trade group for NCL cruise on a large social media site that works well. You aren't the only one in this situation, so I doubt you would get what you originally paid. 

I just sold two of oue 5 certificates on that page, we did not get what we paid for them and that's ok. We booked a cruise next year on November using one of our expiring deposits.We were advised by our PCC that they can be extended for one year however we could book any cruise for 2022 and until June 2023. Realistically we have no intention of booking 5 cruises, we decided to do other sorts of travel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

I just sold two of oue 5 certificates on that page, we did not get what we paid for them and that's ok. We booked a cruise next year on November using one of our expiring deposits.We were advised by our PCC that they can be extended for one year however we could book any cruise for 2022 and until June 2023. Realistically we have no intention of booking 5 cruises, we decided to do other sorts of travel. 

I'm very pleased that you were able to recover some money, and that you were able to extend/use the rest. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 6:12 PM, dad son team said:

If you go to your online account it will tell you when they expire.  I bought mine in 2019 and they have been extended to 2023 without me asking.

You can also transfer to someone else that has an ncl account.  I gave my son one for a January cruise.  At minimum I would give them away, but I bet you can find someone willing to buy them off you

We have some expiring next year. We would like to sell at a discount (beyond the discounted price we paid) or at the very least give them to someone that could use them, but is there a place where people post the availability of the certificates?

26 minutes ago, terri910 said:

but is there a place where people post the availability of the certificates?

There are apparently groups on a particular social media site where such transactions happen.  We're not supposed to discuss that site here though